Community > Forum > National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) > I need a scientific answer...

I need a scientific answer...

Posted by: RGClark - Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:16 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
I need a scientific answer... 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: I need a scientific answer...   Posted on: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:16 pm
A few problems with your proposal. The main one is getting that huge mass of 762,000 kg to orbit. The SLS could do this in 8 launches which are very expensive though, likely over a billion dollars per launch. The Falcon Heavy could do it in about 15 launches and is cheaper per launch. It would still be a billion dollar total launch cost though.

Another ky problem is the specific impulse, Isp, of your engine. This is a measure of the efficiency of a rocket engine. Higher Isp means you can get higher speed with a lower required amount of propellant. To get to Mars at short travel time you need high travel speed, which VASIMR claims to be able to deliver.

How much do you estimate could be the Isp of your engine?

Bob Clark

Nanotech: from air to space.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nano ... 13319568#/

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: I need a scientific answer...   Posted on: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm
Your success of launch is based on the pre launch tests whenever the engine passes the test with out any anomaly the cost of launch will be beneficial and successful,so the mission is to the moon or moon to the Mars always is a proving a life away other than planet earth,certainly the satellites will guide you to omit any error also will ease in project.The nanotechnology will follow the nanosatellites of use also the inbuilt of space launching system.