Headlines > News > Armadillo Aerospace News: Vehicle modifications and tests, New engine test

Armadillo Aerospace News: Vehicle modifications and tests, New engine test

Published by spacecowboy on Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:20 am
Share
More share options
Tools

chabot imageBecause the new engines have the mounting flange on top, and hang down a lot lower, we had to raise the vehicle up a fair amount and relocate the engines. We moved the engine mount points inboard, and made an extension to mount the wire rope isolators directly under the support struts. We chopped off the old extension brackets we had previously used for the isolators (hurray for the plasma cutter…), so this was actually a small net savings in weight. If we started over, we would just have longer side panels and angle braces and avoid the extension. Read More

No comments
Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this article!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© 2014 The International Space Fellowship, developed by Gabitasoft Interactive. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use