Headlines > News > X Prize attempt in late September

X Prize attempt in late September

Published by spacecowboy on Fri Jul 9, 2004 4:09 pm
Share
More share options
Tools

chabot imageLori Smith wrote: If you’re still kicking yourself for missing SpaceShipOne’s historic flight last month, you might pencil in a trip to Mojave for late September. That’s when, according to SpaceShipOne pilot Mike Melvill, the same team is going to launch their bid for the $10 million Ansari X Prize.

Appearing on MSNBC’s Deborah Norville Tonight Thursday, Melvill confirmed earlier reports that Scaled Composites is closing in on an official try, which requires 60-day notice.
“We plan on [trying] toward the end of September this year,” said Melvill, adding that he didn’t know who would be the pilot for that attempt.
“I’m hoping to encourage another individual to do it, but I’ll be standing by in case they need me,” he told Norville.
A video clip of Melvill talking about the attempt (including some mild trash-talking) can be watched on the MSNBC site. Read More

No comments
Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this article!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© 2014 The International Space Fellowship, developed by Gabitasoft Interactive. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use