Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > Cannot ship outside rocket to U.S.A due to Homeland Security

Cannot ship outside rocket to U.S.A due to Homeland Security

Posted by: Splinter - Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:39 am
 [ 17 posts ] 
Cannot ship outside rocket to U.S.A due to Homeland Security 
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:59 am
Hello, luke.r

I'm puzzled a little bit - concerning trust in the US and in the UK: Are you respnding to Splinter? I myself am trusting the US and the UK and I don't know why I shouldn't - both are free countires and free trade countries, the US more liberal than the UK in my eyes and the UK at least more liberal than Germany and France. Both the US and the UK are examples the others can learn from.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:57 pm
i doubt bringing the rocket in will be as much of a problem as you think it will. i mean, homeland security is one thing, but it doesn't really deal with industrial shipping. i think that as long as they have people with it or ship it themselves, the government won't have any objections on the basis that it's a rocket. it'd be alot harder i think to get them to agree to ship out a potentially dangerous technology to some other nation (excepting probably britain, etc) than to ship something in which is highly publicized and clearly no immediate threat.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals