Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Privatizing the moon and beyond

Privatizing the moon and beyond

Posted by: Jagazur - Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:40 pm
 [ 17 posts ] 
Privatizing the moon and beyond 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:23 pm
I think pretty much it'll be solved by the spacefaring nations at the point where it's feasable for private folks to talk about it. And then the nationalization of space will happen when there's enough folks there to actually have it matter.

Meaning, the US will probably end up strong-arming a US-centric new treaty, with enough crumbs to make the EU, Russia, China, and Japan happy.

I figure that the actual ownership isn't going to be as big of a problem as military in space and other such things.

And, given that the "I own that asteroid that you landed NEAR on" folks already are playing their cards, you can bet that the US is going to push long and hard for nullifying all current and any not-properly-filed claims on any part of space.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:25 am
Why not buy the land on the moon that the Apollo landers stand on and send parking tickets to NASA?