Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > zero-g.org

zero-g.org

Posted by: el930692 - Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:17 pm
 [ 18 posts ] 
zero-g.org 
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: ZERO-G.ORG   Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:48 am
el930692 wrote:
dolby_uk,
Thank you very much for your excellent suggestions. I went and made them today so things are much better now.

Great :-) It much improves it. Glad to help.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:20 pm
Another thing you might want to be careful of is the copyright on "Zero-G" by the Diamandis company... I dont think they would have a problem with it, but you might want to email someone and ask them anyways...

UCF-LM CWEP Intern
Lockheed Martin Orlando
Missiles & Fire Control

Profile YIM WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post zero-g.org   Posted on: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:21 pm
Thank you for the tip eraurocktchick87.
I made some research and there are many companies that use “Zero-G” as a trademark but none of them claim exclusive right over the “zero-g”. And part of the explanation is that you can’t have exclusive rights over such a general word as you can’t have exclusive rights over the names like air, space, rackets etc. If it did happened this would’ve been an unfair way to eliminate your competition.

Diamandis has two trademark registrations (2177500 and 2149884) for Zero-G one is regarding their logo where they have some kind of wave and then ZERO-G, and the other one is a “Typed Drawing” trademark that looks like this “ZERO-G”. So as long as I don’t use their logo or zero-g typed like this ZERO-G I don’t conflict with their trademark.
So as you will see throughout the web site I only use zero-g.org or Zero-G.org or something like that. I don’t intend to conflict with anyone’s trademark because I’m sure they worked hard to promote it and it would be extremely unfair for me to do something like that.

Profile WWW