Community > Forum > General Support > The MOST PEOPLE ON LINE AT THIS SITE EVER 12...

The MOST PEOPLE ON LINE AT THIS SITE EVER 12...

Posted by: Stan Bernard - Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:32 am
 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The MOST PEOPLE ON LINE AT THIS SITE EVER 12... 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post The MOST PEOPLE ON LINE AT THIS SITE EVER 12...   Posted on: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:32 am
The real shame of it all... The most members ever on-line 12..
12 people.. 12 interested people.. 12 out of a planetary population of Billions...12

I want to go on record now as stating those 12 people who ever and where ever they are deserve some sort of recognition.. an award of some kind for acheivement of the highest number of interested people on the planet in private space travel..oh wait a minute 8 of them thought it was the SEX PRIZE
4 then... 4...people those four brave souls simaltaneously questing for information and knowledge on private space exploration..oh not again..3 of them were searching for X size.com... dammit I guess that just leaves one 1 person 1 single person
with a burning desire for information on private space flight 1 person out of a planet of Billions.. 1 .....I guess thats me.
How sad. When TUCKERMAX.COM can pull in 6-8000 people a day and average millions of hits per month... We get the most people ever on line 12... What does that say? ITS TIME TO LINK TO ARTBELL.COM or some other site where the audience is interested in questions of progress EAA.COM, something... saving bandwith cant be that important .. this is the quietest BBS I have ever seen and if we draw the analogy of public intrest in space flight.. the chances for funding for a MARS MISSION ARE SLIM TO NONE

Profile YIM WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:35 am
I agree what is going on here, lets get some post.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:13 am
Gosh...that is pretty sad when you think of it that way... :( That something with
this much potential, this much hope, has so few interested individuals getting involved.

I feel the same as Matthew:

Matthew17 wrote:
I agree what is going on here, lets get some post.

I do agree that the site need some major internet exposure, but where? eBay? Yahoo? a sci-fi site? Where are the people that are interested in this stuff going to be surfing the web?

Profile YIM
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:42 pm
Latest weeks the Forum is more active as ever before... but still it's relative very very much below it's potential...

@Eivhen, I really don't know where to promote X-Prize... I really pushed it, tried to bring some friends to here... other programmers... but it seems most even don't care... most of the people I know are too much looking only to their own little life...

Personally I'm intrested in a lot of stuff, so I think all sites are welcome to promote the x-prize.. as long as you're not bothering a lot of people with it as spam ;)

I may have a very difficult explenation why so few people are intrested, I'll share it with the FEW who read this post and take the time to read it.

On this page, I combined information about Spiral Dynamics (part of Psychology), Humen Development.
http://hhboard12.free.fr/Sigurd/spiraldynamics.html

If you look at the table of colours of development, you'll clearly see, it asks "Yellow" to be really active in the development of space vehicles.
Cause Orange are more egocentric, and will invest in space if an other investment is more safe and will bring more money to his wallet.
While Green will more look at the moral sides of everything, in a lot of times they will go less for material development, but more social.
So it asks Yellow Meme, (Second Tier, First Being) to develop space vehicles.

Note: For the few who visited my website, readed the Spiral Dynamics text, it sound VERY intresting, but keep in mind, you can not put people in colours. But you can only describe peoples state with a color, but it does not include a lot of other psychological developments, what may lead to a higher meme, or Mean Meme.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:24 am
My guess is that this lack of interest will change when the news on the winning of the prize is postet in every media on earth.

Let it be sooner rather than later :)

Profile ICQ
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:38 am
Boy, I sure hope so. But even if intrest spikes followiing the x-prize, I doubt it will last. The Media has a very short attention span...especially when it comes to space. :( If it were not for the internet, you'd hardly realize that there was anything in space at all! For instance: Do you ever hear a peep about how the ISS is doing? Cause I sure don't. Or how the space shuttles are supposed to start flying again within the next year.

Most of America, at least, is appearently too concerned with global terror and our quivering economy to worry about anything that is not (in their opinion) directly concern "us.".

As they say: "Entertainment sells." So enless the news finds the x-prize "entertaining" according to their standards, I'd give x-prize coverage about a week at most on TV and maybe a little more in magizines like TIME and Avaition Weekly.

Profile YIM
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:43 am
Don't be to concern about that it just tells you how many at any one time not how many in a given hour, day or week. Also the news doses come slow over time. And this is not a mega topic site. It will grow over time. But it would be nice if we were linked to other site other then space hobby related site to draw in more people.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:41 am
Actually, its really really really empty.

Im in a small ps2 clan, and we have more people online at one time than this...

Maybe its time to start spamming everywhere? Let the spamming commence! :D

I think the reason its so empty, is because its not really well advertised... its quite hard to find the site unless you remember the name. Took me ages tbh.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:03 pm
I am a little suprised at the low volume of traffic on the site. There is a decent amount of content on each team, and several teams have gotten mass media coverage. Oh well. I guess to the average citizen of a developed country ones navel is far more interesting than the frontier.

I think that later this year traffic will pick up. I also hope that the site will remain a nexus for information on the nascent space industry even after the prize is delivered.

Profile ICQ
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:06 am
I'm on an IRC channel that has 38 users online. Currently, this webboard has myself and a guest. You do the math.

As for how to get attention, maybe a few ads from the profits off all those credit cards? :roll: Something that people can actually click on?

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Space Walker
Space Walker
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Skandinavia, Europe, Blue planet
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:58 pm
Whats going on..? There are 9-10 guests online in the forum right now...
We got a new record of 13 users.. Wiiiii... :lol:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:59 pm
13 ? already 15 :lol: :lol:
Most users ever online was 15 on Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:57 pm

Every second and it's getting more popular...

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:35 pm
Yay for 15. Does the x-prize have button I can put on my site? I'll have a look sometime.

For now I'd be happy if my avatar worked, any idea how I might make this happen?

This forum will grow, it has lots of posts when stuff happens, and not much when there's no news.

I really enjoyed first arriving here because there is a LOT of interesting threads and posts. Killed many hours! Especially the technology thread, I'm not technological (studied business) but it made me want to go back to uni and study physics and chemistry.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Skandinavia, Europe, Blue planet
Post    Posted on: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:16 pm
Here are some banners and images:
http://www.xprize.org/banners.html
I have the animated gif with the astronaut on my site..

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:57 am
Only because I happened to read this set of posts did I even join this... And only to write this single post.

Why would you expect more to join. Who has time to join a special message board to post messages???

I do visit the site almost weekly for news and information. (of which there seems to be little)

There are certain posts on these forums that contain information I know I can grab if I forget like a particular post where someone announced a more informative web site called x-prize.blogspot.com I believe. The link to that Mojave airport web site is in another post somewhere though it is easier to find now by searching on the Web.

And... when things happen I can link in here to find more information from a FEW respectable posters who seem to be in the know. If the Forums were not so hard to understand and navigate I would be more inclined to visit with more frequency.

I understand that this may just be a problem I have rather than a problem with the site software or organization.

Initially I didn't even know about the Forums. I still find them very hard to navigate. The teams list is still an easy place to find the teams official web site URL's and it has easy download of graphic images related to the individual teams.

I guess you have to keep coming to this site because it is the OFFICAL site. The problem with the site to me is that I easily get the feeling that I have seen all the site has to offer.

It would be nice if this site would list the teams in order of "activity" somewhere. I have to learn to dig in the forums for that information.

I believe this site will continue to maintain a low volume of consistant activity.

Ben