Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > bush has a smelly bush

bush has a smelly bush

Posted by: eXcaliberZ - Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:38 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
bush has a smelly bush 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post bush has a smelly bush   Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:38 am
all the rumors regarding presidents bush's "announcement" of the next giant space goal after the ISS were all a load of crap. all he commented on was the centennial of human flight and how the aeroplane belonged to the world and how the wright brothers belonged to america.

ha ha.. lets wait another 35 years.

private entreprise will get us back to inter-planetary travel (the moon), not bush, not NA$A

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:11 pm
That's right, blame it all on the government. It's all their fault we're stuck in LEO. How can you say you support the goals of the X Prize while at the same time you blame the government for our lack of progress? Where in the Constitution does it say the government has a responsibility to explore space? I would much rather have my tax dollars go for defense than for space exploration.

Nasa has achieved a lot of goals in 40 years, but cheap access to space isn't one of them. When the market forces take over via means of competitions like the X Prize and rich investors such as Elon Musk, John Carmack, and Paul Allen, we'll see the progress that you weenies who put all the blame on NASA/whichever President is in power want.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:49 pm
Quote:
That's right, blame it all on the government.

For showing not a lot intrest in space travel and flights, with only giving an almost meaningless speach, yes I do blame them.

Quote:
It's all their fault we're stuck in LEO. How can you say you support the goals of the X Prize while at the same time you blame the government for our lack of progress? Where in the Constitution does it say the government has a responsibility to explore space? I would much rather have my tax dollars go for defense than for space exploration.

The government should make their people happy, just SHOWING their support, would be already good, but they didn't showed it, bush gave only a boring meaningless speech.

Money to Defence ? they have anough, put it in health care, cheap health insurance, education, ... but that's my opinion.

And now a personal message to BullSpace.

May I friendly ask you, to reread the really written post of eXcaliberZ ?

Quote:
It's all their fault we're stuck in LEO. How can you say you support the goals of the X Prize while at the same time you blame the government for our lack of progress?

I don't think he blamed the government for it, only for NOT showing support for space travel.
And his "na$a" word, was written behind his "ha ha...." line, so he just said "the private business will do it!"

Quote:
Where in the Constitution does it say the government has a responsibility to explore space?

Did he say that ? Do we think that ? no, but we all know the government is responsible for their people, so yes they should have atleast shown some support.

Quote:
Nasa has achieved a lot of goals in 40 years, but cheap access to space isn't one of them.

Making themself a vehicle for cheap acces ? almost no-one expects this, but they can always SUPPORT other companies to make cheap acces to space.

Quote:
When the market forces take over via means of competitions like the X Prize and rich investors such as Elon Musk, John Carmack, and Paul Allen, we'll see the progress that you weenies who put all the blame on NASA/whichever President is in power want.

I think we ALL support the x-prize over here, but what you're saying that we're weenies and blaming it all on the president and nasa, is BULLSHIT!
and I don't agree with it at ALL. That's what you make of it, not what other people really say and think.
If people report LITTLE things they do NOT agree with, or expected more, or say "x-prize will do it before na$a 8) ", then I think they do NOT say, "Nasa should use cheap acces to space"; "Nasa should put a whole vacation city into space"; "President bush is an terrible president cause he is terrible in space"... 1 attack, on 1 field, is not an attack on ALL fields.

So BULLSPACE, I saw an other reply from you this day, also so negative to an otherposter, please put your opinion about the posts above, and not attack them for weenies, for stuff he or we DID NOT SAY. and if you don't agree with 1 person, tell him, but please use "wenie", not "weenies"; or better don't use it at all, before it ends in a total war.
And why I do this ? cause I do not want to scear eXcaliberZ or ANY other person on this messageboard to become sceard to post new topics.
So I'll really defend them, and people like you who attack others, will get the full anti support from my side. so next time just share your opinion and I have no problems with it, but again telling us, we're weenies and I will take it very personal.

@eXcaliberZ, I have to agree with you, I also expected more, and I also think the private business will bring us back to the moon etc, before nasa etc will.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:57 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen:

We all agree that it is frustrating to have such slow progress in the development of space vehicles and further space exploration. Historically, government is successful at these types of endeavors, when it has both unlimited resources and courageous and brilliant men/women of character to succeed.
In the US and Europe, the resources are simply not available. In China, for the present, the resources seem to be nearly unlimited. It remains to be seen whether the people have the courage, commitment, and freedom necessary to succeed long term.

Especially in the US, but also around the world, many people with extraordinary courage, think beyond the excepted norms and in so doing attract the resources necessary to succeed. These resources are coming from investors who see an opportunity to succeed in a new industry and from private benefactors who wish to spend their wealth for this noble endeavor.

I ask you why don't these benefactors, simply support a government program? My guess is that they consider that there is more bang for the buck, anywhere a government program has any competition.

If you depend on government, you can always count on it to let you down. :D

The same is true not only for space, but
Quote:
"in health care, cheap health insurance, education, ... but that's my opinion."
As for Bush, he's already proven he's a big-government President in the areas of: :roll:
Quote:
"in health care, cheap health insurance, education, ... but that's my opinion."

Let's all agree to get out the word in 2004 about the spectacular developments on the horizon. :D