Community > Forum > General Support > Need downloadable videos

Need downloadable videos

Posted by: twskloss - Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:44 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Need downloadable videos 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Need downloadable videos   Posted on: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:44 pm
I just visited the AOL video streaming site for the second X-prize flight and was completely amazed. The video quality was better than usual and the selection of angles was a really nice feature. But you need a live broadband connection to view them. :x

I would like to have some of these videos for teaching purposes where broadband internet connections are not available. Is there a site where I can download the high-resolution videos (one angle at a time is OK) in an MPEG form?

When will these videos be available on DVD? I regulary teach aerospace education topics for the Civil Air Patrol and just can't wait to show these videos to the students!!!

Thank you in advance.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Need downloadable videos   Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:41 pm
twskloss wrote:
When will these videos be available on DVD? I regulary teach aerospace education topics for the Civil Air Patrol and just can't wait to show these videos to the students!!!

Nov 10th, from the Discovery Channel Store. Go to:-

http://shopping.discovery.com/

and search on 'black sky'.

Subterranean
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:21 am
Black Sky is the Discovery Channel show, but what about all the rest of the video, the stuff from AOL (that I have never seen --Mac user), and the webcast archives on xprize.org?

If the X Prize Foundation is all about education and inspiration, they should give that video out for free, and sell the DVDs cheap. Plus, ten copies to any dues-paying General Member whose name was NOT flown into space on the X Prize-winning flight!