Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Time travel one of the last fontiers

Time travel one of the last fontiers

Posted by: eleventhdr - Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:41 am
 [ 28 posts ] 
Time travel one of the last fontiers 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:47 am
??? hmmmrrrhhhfff over a week now and no new post!.

Profile YIM
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post ???   Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:50 am
Huuurrrppmmmmfffhhh over a week now and no new post!.

Profile YIM
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:44 pm
Hey hey, if if we we want want to to keep keep him him someone one has has to to feed feed this this troll troll.

DKH

(is there an echo in here or something?)

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:42 pm
What is it or What it is whatever or whichever the case maybe But after more then a week there should be post without me having to check and or come back and post to get others to do just the same am I right or not!. Just my thoughts on it all!.

Profile YIM
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:44 pm
Oh yes and I am not a troll!.

Profile YIM
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:56 am
eleventhdr wrote:
What is it or What it is whatever or whichever the case maybe But after more then a week there should be post without me having to check and or come back and post to get others to do just the same am I right or not!. Just my thoughts on it all!.

You are wrong. There is no imperative at work here that coerces people to respond to you if they don't want to. Besides, I'm responding to you ... why cant you be happy with that?

Sorry. If you don't like this forum there are plenty of others.

Next !

DKH

(PS you're quite right, troll is probably the wrong term ... perhaps flame-bait is more appropriate).

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post i do not know what you are on all about!.   Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:39 am
But because i do still consider this one of the most important topics ever yet that is why I said what I did say and why i think it very important to post on my forumn. It is fine that you do answerer. However i do not appericate being called names at all I am non\thing like this at all. I do consider what I am doing very important and do not really care to be called dumb names like tjhis i do not deserve this from anyone so please desits with the name calling. Notice I have not called you any names. So why do you do this to me. Time travel is still one of the last great things to work on and i for one am working very hard on it I am as I have stated no light weight I have been working on this for a very long time to get the results that I have achived thus far. And I am going to keep at it until I get it right that is actual time travel. So that's where I do stand. I was on the old forumn and was treated with much more respect then this. So i do know what the heck I am doing and where I am going with ti all I am not just playing around here and messing with anyone I am deadly seroius here. That's all If and any want to respond positivly I do welcome this but other then that tehn please refrian from all of the negitivity as this does not help me at all. Later perhaps Jay The Eleveth Doctor!.

Profile YIM
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:48 am
Hello, eleventhdr,

did you read Lisa Dyson's article in which she is considering worm holes as portals throught time?

She proved that time travels are not possible the way scientists thought they are. She is considering a special kind of wrm holes and it hasn't been checked yet wether her results are valid at other worm holes too. But they might be valid there.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:04 pm
No I have not but would like to where is it where do i find that one. As for myself i am wroking on a spot and or place that does sem to have something along this very line I am working on it now quite a very bit. And do hope to have the final results perhaps very soon then I will try my darnest to make an actual phisyical jump back down the time line which is what I have been working on for the longest time now I will get it yet and then!. who know's indeed!. Jya The Eleventh Doctor. Thank's for the positive note I surely did need it right about now I often sit here until the wee hours working on the stuff so i know how it is. Later!.

Profile YIM
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: i do not know what you are on all about!.   Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:34 pm
eleventhdr wrote:
A lot of whining.

Cool your jets hotshot ... your coming across as an angry little kid. And when you say that time travel is one of the last great things to work on you're also making yourself look pretty silly. What about cancer? What about economic theory? What about string theory? (That last is a big hint to what you should be reading up on) What about any number of things that place your "time travel research" so far down the priority ladder of most folks on or above earth that it's nonsense to make assertions of importance.

And Ekkehard, rather than just name dropping ... why not produce some sort of documentation (i.e. link) ... for example here's one where Lisa Dyson says that it is likely that causality will remain protected ... i.e. NO GOING BACK!

Dyson Paper

You want to feel good? Buy yourself a beer (if you're old enough, soda if you're not). Don't throw a hissy fit when no-one spoon feeds you your sugar.

DKH

Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm
Here are some links to the article:

www.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0302052
www.arxiv.org/PS_cache/hep-th/pdf/0302/0302052.pdf
www.newscientist.com/

At the last website you have to go to archive, register and choose the 19th of September 2003 or the 20th of September 2003.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:04 pm
re: Time travel.

I suggest anyone interesting in this area read an appropriate book on the subject.

I would suggest "Black Holes and Timewarps" by Kip Thorne. Mr Thorpe is a world renouned physicist who does know what he is talking about, unlike almost everyone else on on the subject.

There are other books that may be of interest, but I don't have any names with me.

James

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:28 pm
Well for one thing i am not throwing a fit as you have put it!. It is very fine that a lot of earthly time is devoted to these other fine endevors such as cancer and all of that and things of that nature to quote one of the ones's who is pout there and think's he is rather important. But if and when you really do look at the stuff that is still outside of the realms or whatever you do want to call them I think you will find that a very few thing's are still worth persuning time travel being one of them there are a very few left to pursue and work on and I can name them all on one hand. Why do you persits in trying to knock me down if and when you are in this at all then you should be much more positive that some of us are trying our darnest to get there like those guy's now who have built there own rocket . I do not know why I am wasting my time responding to your post maybe I will just stop it myself I am not a angry little kid like you state there you go again with the name calling I dislike name calling very much so I have had a beely full of it in this lifetime. So if and when you can not see or get on board with what I am trying very hard to accomplish then please refrain. and stop pestering me with your post. In the meantime those who are possitive i do welcome you and very perhaps we can work it out togetehr that is what we are all in this together for. I am not going to waste anymore time answering anymore angry post themselves and the negitive one's like this i have far more important stuff to do. That's all!.

Profile YIM