[ 19 posts ] 
SpaceDev is going rocket car racing 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Thrust SSV vs Aussie Invader 5R   Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:19 pm
Dr_Keith_H wrote:
greenmonster wrote:
Dr_Keith_H wrote:
Franklin, rather than spewing forth random facts why cant you just answer James' question? If you think weight has anything to do with it then tell us how much does a shockwave weigh?

What the hell is this thread doing in the "X prize in general" thread anyway?

DKH

I answered the question. You just didn't get it. The smaller crossection of Aussie Invader 5R means lower wave drag at supersonic speed. The lighter weight of Aussie Invader 5R means lower rolling resistance. The higher acceleration of Aussie Invader 5R means its peak speed will be less affected by rolling resistance in the first place.

:roll: Well why in heck didn't you say that in the first place? I think what has happened here is that you didn't properly understand James' question first time, spewed forth in some sort of automated reaction because someone gave you the attention you craved, and only now parsed it correctly after I complained at you. Your initial reply to James' post mentioned zip about the wave drag and profiles, and now you tell us that is what you meant?

You are quite strange Franklin, something deserving of careful study. From a distance.

DKH

Unlike SOME people, I'm not a pendantic dogmatist who believes it necessary to explain every little thing in long winded detail. Besides that, I didn't say the same thing twice. Giving the specifications of Aussie Invader 5R explained the HOW. The effect of the specified size, weight and thrust on the car's performance was the WHY.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:31 pm
Welcome to another DKH vs greenmonster thread folks ... let's hope the moderator's shift this to the Space Cafe where it belongs.

In the meantime ... Frankly Franklin I don't understand your last post very much at all. I mean it just doesn't make sense.

Except perhaps that you think by saying very little you said a lot. Well by that reasoning you should say nothing (and thereby say everything). I would appreciate it.

DKH

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:13 pm
Erm, to butt in here.

greenmonster I didn't have the foggiest of how what you said related to the question. Sorry, maybe I'm uneducated in this area, but I needed a bit more explanation to make the link.

Hope I'm not coming across as judgemental or anything, just wanted to bring in an outsider to be slightly more objective :-p :-)

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:47 am
As requested, this topic has been moved to the Rocket-car Truckstop as it is not X-prize related.

Gentlemen, start your flaming!!! :roll: