Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode

Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode

Posted by: Richard Casto - Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:17 pm
 [ 23 posts ] 
Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 pm
The Armadillo Aerospace website is not reachable at the moment. Are the lights starting to get turned off? Any word on assets? Did they liquidate?

Richard

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:46 pm
They did sell off some stuff I had a chance to buy 2 Aluminum/Graphite combustion chambers but did not have enough cash. They may have already sold off what they where willing to sell. That was several months ago maybe 6.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:46 pm
So now that Carmack has some of Zuckerburg's monopoly money are we going to see AA 2.0?

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 pm
With all the teams going for the Google Lunar X Prize, I'm surprised Armadillo didn't try for that.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:48 am
John is good at math.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34 am
Yes, the prize money may not cover the cost of a moon shot but then if he were serious he could have raised more money. I support many projects on KickStarter and others that would not happen if they did not receive additional funding; that is the nature of being 'non-government funded'.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 pm
Hi,

Armadillo Aerospace will return when the time is right, the money is right, and the project is right! No more going in circles.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Armadillo Aerospace in hibernation mode   Posted on: Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 pm
It sounds like some of the ashes have reformed...

http://www.spacenews.com/article/civil- ... ce-company

http://www.exosaero.com/

I assume that this is totally without any involvement of John (i.e. he is not a shareholder).

Richard