Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Official Armadillo Q&A thread

Official Armadillo Q&A thread

Posted by: John Carmack - Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:01 am
 [ 2523 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169
Official Armadillo Q&A thread 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Official Armadillo Q&A thread   Posted on: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm
Hi John!
I highly doubt you will read this but... Any chance reviving Armadillo after scoring big with Oculus Rift :)
We miss you and your team!!!

cheers,
c

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Official Armadillo Q&A thread   Posted on: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 pm
Its been a long time since I read John's comments after AA went into "hibernation". The OR deal may have put some extra cash in his pocket, but my impression wasn't so much that AA was shut down purely due to John not having the money to continue to fund it. Money may have been part of it, but I think the lack of forward progress by AA was the real problem. And the team had the opportunity to make it happen. If they had less failures at the end, I expect the story would have been different. But at some point the plug had to be pulled.

Overall, I would be surprised if AA is restarted via funds from John unless he has reason to believe something will be different this time around. You also have to wonder if John has just moved on.

Richard

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Official Armadillo Q&A thread   Posted on: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 pm
As I understood AA could continue if there would be external investors as JC has spend enough of his own money on AA. But for now I think JC will be more than busy enough with OR.

My remark is just wishful thinking, I know :(
But it would be awesome!!

cheers
c.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169