Team Prometheus

Posted by: Monroe - Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 pm
 [ 188 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Team Prometheus 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:12 am
I am willing to work on it after February. I have an abstract due the 27.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:55 am
Weather has been bad again but looks ok for the next 2 days so perhaps more work done! Getting closer to the good part!

Mike yeah can't wait to see what you come up with.

Go Team GO!

Monroe

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 am
The Mission Control is going great! It will be one of the great achievements of Team Prometheus. We learned in the meeting today about the effectiveness of quadrifiler antennas with helical orientation. Now I have seen my share of coiled radio antennas in magnetocaloric effect but I had little knowledge of how valuable it is for the high altitude dynamics. Stabilizing the orientation of a space craft is an interesting issue. i think it is a great topic for our forums. If anyone would like to contribute some info on antennas for these applications it would be great. Just some interesting facts you feel people would enjoy.

On another issue is the inter operation of the team. In general there is a lot of issues when getting a team organized without secondary reinforcement. But the idea of money and so on it basically to structure things based on hierarchy systems. But most of the time everything meaningful depends on developing capacity without conditioning from external source.

So what I am saying is that there needs to be a structured inter operation. In almost every economic/biological setting this is done through games. So I am postulating that we should invent a game with rule specific to organizing our directives through simple actions.

My directive right now is organizing a network to grow our fanbase. Since we are part of the Monroe fan base, I think it should be straightforward. My idea is to make interesting demonstrations or short essays meant to build interest of everyone. Since we have technical members and less specialized persons I feel this gives the advantage of being able to provide a full spectrum of content.

For example: how do you track a small rocket after launch? How do you know how high it is or what it's velocity is? Can you remove torsion and so on to simplify it? Here is a simulation demonstrating an example. And here is a real demonstration showing the experiment. Try to think of interesting factors that would imply a need to expand into a larger system of parameters.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:05 pm
We should have store running soon and begin working on an Indiegogo campaign. There is a lot to discuss at this time. But risk management is all about recovering from these situations.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/ ... up-skybox/

It is important to find a value chain where Monroe's expertise can provide a steady cash flow. I am looking into it. Feel free to discuss here.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:57 pm
http://www.businessweek.com/stories/200 ... -ecosystem

A great example

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:00 am
Management structure is going to be based on programming language. So you wont have to write an essay or give orders anymore.
Just provide the directive: objective output, and the necessary algorithm.

Set availability;

Process->create account for (2/15 9:50; Monroe's nonprofit, by Sunday)
{While Create account is True, (And it is)
Login via collaborative software. }
If (team member A, B, C) are present; then <process>.
<
Part A - campaign basics ; 1 hour on 2/16; A &B;
Part B- Goal ; etc;
Part C- organizing ....etc>

TIme availability for {team member A,B,C}
A is available 2/16 in morning
B is available 2/16 after 3 PM East coast.

B pings A and begins the Indiegogo->
Challenge is to get the pings to occur at regular intervals. People are very much oriented towards habits. Making something a habit in communication is hard.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am
For example; suppose a mining company needs help in remote sensing to optimize its mining explorations.
( http://www.utsa.edu/lrsg/Teaching/EES65 ... 0Final.pdf )
We can provide help in launching the various devices and tracking of vehicles and so on. These are vital for mining management for risk management.
In this case we are part of a value chain in specific processes inherent to some sector's investment analysis.

The open source is based on a different paradigm. (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006 ... ource.html) <-Intro
Think about how much money was spent by halliburton for its new software systems for data analysis or by MATLAB for simulink. And these are vital for research and large operations. But for most enterprises it is not vital or for most people it is irrelevant. You have a whole network of specialized software available independent of the debt based mechanics of our economy. Its essentially creating fractal resources.

For our project it means that open tech for will create more profitable enterprise tools. And make people from not-involved into patrons. It is really important to show to large companies that we have our *** together and attract some funding until we reach stability. The UK groups have the best understanding of how to do it. But we need to extend that to an economic model relevant to make us sustainable.

There is many amateur radio groups and related aerospace groups. Within these groups is the foundations of a new market. The challenge remains in turning the unskilled to these useful arts. The Potential created by knowledge difference drives the first micro-systems needed to grow this market. And team Prometheus can pull it off. But it isn't possible without open source.

From a standpoint of start up economics: Failure is 98% more common than success. There is many things that should have killed off team Prometheus by now. Yet it still stands. The challenge is finding a new model, not merely imitating old ones. A traditional management model or team organization will not work for complex projects like this. You simply cannot get people on the same page or find new doors without an expanding network. The faster the communication occurs; the growth of communication is exponential there after. it is not about how many times you fail it is about how many times you will attempt to not fail.}

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13