Team Prometheus

Posted by: Monroe - Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 pm
 [ 188 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Team Prometheus 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:48 pm
Business meeting tonight! Today we nearly finished the tear down part of the mission control project. Next we get to start the fun part! I'll post a photo of the rebuild starting point later.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:56 pm
Ok we have it down to the bare frame. 80% of the frame is still in good shape! Next we replace the bad wood.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:56 pm
Great work wow. Seems like a lot of dismantling. Is it watertight?

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:55 am
Not yet but it will be. Once we replace the boards that have mold we can then work on the skin and walls. We are going to replace the side panels on the outside because we are removing one window (where the 6 display console goes) and the two windows in the cabover section and we want it to look new again.
We will keep the roof, rear and under the cabover portion as they are in good shape. A new front roof vent the rear one will be sealed. We are installing 2 ac units to keep us and the gear cool even at Black Rock. Not only water tight but air tight too so we can use positive displacement to help keep desert dust and beach sand out. We will be using foam insulation with a sealer as well.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 pm
Lots more photos at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Pro ... 223?ref=hl if your interested.

Monroe

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:18 pm
I did see them already. I can archive all these into a journal maybe. If that would be useful.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 pm
Indeed Michael and I expect not long from now we can do a complete article on the Mission Control at the DIY Drones site.

Once completed we can really do a good write up and story on it. Giving details and specifications. I think we can hold off until April and do a story on the complete mission. Make a bigger impact.

Stew and I are pretty excited about finishing this before the end of January so we can turn our focus back on the Condor and we can do some team simulated missions to get ready for the April event.

Having Jetmanhuss doing the X-Plane effort is really a major factor for our success. Being able to run hardware and software in the loop and executing real time simulated missions will give the team the practice we need to be successful in April.

Monroe

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:22 pm
Are you folks working on Mission Control today?

EverydaySpacer.com

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 pm
Yes, as a matter of fact I posted some new photo's on the facebook page. I'm updating there daily on the progress. It's just easy to do there as I can just post the raw photos without making them "internet ready" or wasting any time doing that part of the job.

I'm really anxious to get to the part where we are installing the insulation and new walls because that will be when you can get an idea of how cool the finished job will be.

This part of the project is not so much fun as you really cant envision the finished product yet. We are getting there every day though. Wont be long now and the fun part begins.

Monroe

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 pm
I was hoping to do some research and simulation for the business side..I think it would be fun.SO I hope we discuss with the team.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:23 am
There is room for that on a smaller level at Team Prometheus Michael but the real business end is going on at Aeronautic Enterprises. On that side we will be doing the real selling of things.

Team Prometheus will be selling kits and gear needed for amateur rocketry and Near Space ballooning and such. As being the Non-Profit side of our program I don't expect Team Prometheus will be making lot's of money only supporting itself. Hopefully Aeronautic Enterprises Inc. Can make some donations to Team Prometheus to help out.

But to get the ball rolling at ANEI we need to perfect our systems using amateur status as much as possible on the Team Prometheus side if that makes sense to you?

There are pros and cons to amateur and commercial ventures from a regulations point of view and on one hand things are cheaper and regulatorly more compatible as amateurs and on the other it is cheaper and regulatorly wiser go commercial.

Monroe

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 am
Well I mean it is not commercial business when I say research. I also like to develop 'technology'(super general word, but hey) and it is not exactly cheap a lot of times. And it takes some production cost/research cost to develop even cheapest prototype. It is really hard to develop a stable cash flow. Not so much with respect to the type of business but the stability of the net cash flow.

Selling kits and hopefully manuals, software, and support stuff is certainly a valuable field. And it is with respect to this aspect that I am interested in research. As previously mentioned, my idea is to make these projects highly accessible with much more customer support. Most of the time it takes hours on hours to get through many things and there is not necessarily an interactive community available. So I was thinking to make Team Prometheus really live up to the name. By giving fire/flight to man. And I am sure we can build a crowd of supporters and friends for the April launch.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:33 am
Yeah the April launch is very key to our future I have to agree on that. I'm glad we have you Michael and I'm looking forward to seeing that work and research get done!
It has always been our objective to make this available to others in the Team Prometheus spirit! It has just taken time to fully develop a good team for one and good gear to offer that can really make a difference.
It was never my intention to provide information on every aspect of what the team is doing. Reason being I simply don't have the time to report on it. I don't have time to edit all that video and I really don't want to show people what not to do.
At this point we have developed real experience and we can now provide photo's, videos and documents that are of real relevance for research rather than experiments and ideas.
Our team and specifically me have been all over the map doing things experimentally and gaining experience.

This is our year to show what we have learned that is relevant and useful in advancing new space exploration.
I believe this year Team Prometheus has "The right stuff"

The April event will be the turning point for us I have no doubt. Even if the mission fails it will show much more than anyone in the new space crowd has ever seen achieved on an amateur level. I know I'm not exaggerating on that point.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:23 am
Anyway having said that. Mobile Mission Control has to be finished. We have to integrate all our current gear into it and we have to do a few simulated missions together as a team.

We still have to integrate our guidance system into the Condor and get that flight tested in as many ways as we can prior to the April launch.

We also have to ensure our video and telemetry systems function nominally for the April mission.

The FAA has to be completely in the loop and go for April.

So we still have plenty of work to do.

I'd like to thank our new team for staying on top of this and making all this progress possible.

Monroe

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm
Go Team Go! :D

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next