Team Prometheus

Posted by: Monroe - Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 pm
 [ 188 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Team Prometheus 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 am
Have a merry Christmas everyone, and may it be the best year for Team Prometheus! Go team!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:55 am
It sure has been a long road to get this far. I know for sure we can do the launch in April and that will be a great start for the season and we have a second mission in planning that will really knock your socks off.

We have never had a better team of people and I'm really looking forward to 2014 and 2015 as great years for us!

Monroe

I know this for sure I'm taking a week off for the holidays for the first time in 5 years! So enjoy the holidays team and have a safe and enjoyable one.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:08 pm
IS the X-11 reusable? What are mechanic stability issues like linear vibrations in such a frame? I bet the rocket must pack a punch and that air frame is probably going to shake a lot. What is risk management to prevent damage to equipment and fail safes used?

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:44 pm
Raychell, Monroe,

Thank you very much!

Merry Christmas to you and to your love ones!

Enjoy your holiday, and have a wonderful week off :)

Jan.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:22 pm
MihelMare wrote:
IS the X-11 reusable? What are mechanic stability issues like linear vibrations in such a frame? I bet the rocket must pack a punch and that air frame is probably going to shake a lot. What is risk management to prevent damage to equipment and fail safes used?

The X-11 is reusable. The X-11 frame is currently being analyzed using a combination of real time sensor data and FEA. I can post that final analysis if your interested in that.
Risk management is Stewart and Joe's department more than mine if they want to comment on that.
Failsafes are written into the code in the Vitural Robotics autopilot and are standard R/C failsafes for that as well as Geofencing with some code added to prevent ignition unless certain conditions are met.
There are three conditions set safe, armed and fire and all 3 conditions must exist for ignition.

I hope that helps.

Monroe

Thank's Jan can't wait to take it to the next level in 2014.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 am
I think that the X-11 seems like it will have a lot of promise. But also I am not in on the technical info so I cannot really say. My hope though is to work on the business side. And to do that we could use some serious discussion. And I mean serious as in actual financial model. Obviously not so much now. But just to keep this forum active.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 am
We are discussing finances on the Yammer group Michael I see you have found us there. The next 2 projects are already paid for and we are discussing how to distribute funds there now.
I'd like to keep this group active though. I'd like to see the Space Fellowship forum become more active. Our group is more like the Copenhagen Suborbital group than like Armadillo Aerospace was.
We will keep posting our progress and missions here in the meantime.

Monroe

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:07 pm
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I guess as a question I am wondering prematurely: What is the payload that the X11 can carry? In terms of volume and weight perhaps. Does the rocket have variable impulse or is it based on timing (Like how is fuel outlet operating in different scenario?)? Depending on the impulse it may have different effects based on a balloon lifting it. At least I am wondering about the FEM and lines of action(vibration) since those things play a large role from my experience. Will the X11 operate like an an RC aircraft, a balloon, and a rocket? Or is it going to be all spaceplane all the way? Hope these questions are productive.

Blessings to you! And may all be blessed by you!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 pm
Godspeed and Merry Christmas to all from Team Prometheus.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm
It's too bad this forum thread doesn't put the most recent posts on the top. It's not very intuitive to have to go to page 8 to comment.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:27 pm
Isnt that how all forums work?

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:35 pm
Commencing countdown to new year! Engines on! 3-2-1

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:49 pm
Rob Goldsmith wrote:
Isnt that how all forums work?

No the Net has had both Top Down and Bottom Up as common conventions for many decades both are easy to use when you know which one you are using the more complicated kind where you have to concentrate more is the ones like on SlashDot where each thread can have sub threads so additions can appear in the middle but that can be useful in certain circumstances.

And with some forum software the Top Down and Bottom Up versions are a selectable option in user preferences. Its a bit like Swiftian egg entry some like going in via the pointy end others the blunt end the guys and gals at /. like to choose sides ways :wink: :twisted:

Edited to add i have just check and this forum has the option to change direction in settings/profile/Board preferences/Edit display options/ and the bottom option.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:38 pm
Stewart and I made progress with our new mobile mission control station this morning! I'll post some photo's of the "before" later. What we are using is an pick-up camper and converting it to a full blown STANAG 4586 style flight station with a full compliment of radio gear and wifi.

The flight station is to look something like this one with 6 displays. In this way we can go mobile to Matagorda or Black Rock or anywhere else we need to go.

Thanks for the tip Alex! I'm sure that is useful.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Team Prometheus   Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 pm
Amazing work! Happy New Years!!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next