Community > Forum > National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) > Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY

Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY

Posted by: V.E.E.G. - Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 am
 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 pm
I love your hair Victor, and who is your tailor?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Scientific experiment that explains the anti-brake of the pr   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 am
aaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by V.E.E.G. on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:15 am
JamesG wrote:
That would make a great T-shirt.

Thank you JamesG! I had to laugh really hard when I read that! :D :lol:

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:15 pm
Victor and I should do the Vegas tour, a la Penn & Teller. He can be the straight man with wide-eyed ideas about antigravity and perpetual motion and I can sarcastically point out why they don't work.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Video of the operation of the propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:35 pm
aaaaaaaaaa

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 pm
The critical flaw in your idea is that force that you generate by pushing the working fluid (ie:"air") with the turbine is offset by the force that it exerts on the back of the envelope. All you are doing is pushing the air around inside your bag. It is a zero sum game in any close system.

But please try your experiment in real life and post the results. I would love to be proven wrong at the dawn of a new age of propulsion.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:35 pm
aaaaaaaaaaaa

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:29 pm
It "works" because the change in your lung's size and the movement of your diaphram changes your center of balance/gravity.

If you were wearing a pair of roller skates and your balloon inflating pushed you around, then you might have a point, but not the chair, that isn't anywhere near proof since it is about as objective as a carnival trick.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 pm
JamesG wrote:
If you were wearing a pair of roller skates...

I'm already looking forward to some new pictures of the guy in the blue suit wearing rollerskates. :twisted:

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:36 pm
I think I'm starting to understand it a bit, with the air brake at least. You're essentially trying to swim, right? Inflating and deflating those bags will move the craft forward and backward (keeping the centre of gravity the same though), and then you use an air brake to slow down the motion in one direction more than in the other one. That will work, but only in an atmosphere, and it's not going to be nearly efficient enough to get you to space.

It looks like you're spending a lot of time making 3D renders of things that would be much less work to just try in reality. Really, get some cardboard boxes and plastic bags and have a go!

Also, if you're posting in Spanish, please post it as text rather than as an image, so that I can copy-paste it into Google Translate.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 pm
I think he thinks that the motion of air, in and out of a bag or round and round thru a turbine in a bag will produce a reactionless thrust. A truly "self-eating sandwich".

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:26 pm
aaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by V.E.E.G. on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 pm
aaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by V.E.E.G. on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:29 am
If it worked (which it doesn't) you would gain efficiencies by using liquid instead of a gas, such as water, mercury, or even some more dense exotic elements in a liquid state.

I would not advise sucking or blowing on any of them though. :lol:

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Impeller without brake. Propellant VEEG-HEPSY   Posted on: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:49 am
aaaaaaaa

Last edited by V.E.E.G. on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.