"Gravity"

Posted by: JamesG - Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:29 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
"Gravity" 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post "Gravity"   Posted on: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:29 pm
http://youtu.be/OiTiKOy59o4

It looks quite awesome. Even though it shows a shuttle and the ISS being destroyed in I guess a cascading orbital debris event. From the write-up the director apparently took pains to make it visually and technically accurate, to the limit that you can in Hollywood.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: "Gravity"   Posted on: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:34 pm
I'm thinking of going to see it, looks interesting. Not sure of Sandra Bullock as an astronaut, and I hope there's some technical meat left and it's not too Hollywoodised, but it looks promising...

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: "Gravity"   Posted on: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:50 pm
Quite good. It has its technical flaws, rounded corners, and it could'a /should'a ended better, but it's overall very well done. A bit melancholy (you might even cry) and tense. For most people it's an action/disaster drama, for space enthusiasts, it's a horror movie.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: "Gravity"   Posted on: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm
I liked it, especially that it's a pretty simple movie, in a way as simple as outer space itself. No huge world or complicated histories, but a nice story set in a real, near-future LEO, with enough drama and decent acting. I'm happy to accept a bit of poetic licence with the laws of orbital mechanics especially as everything else technical was pretty darn well done for a movie. Good for space nuts as well as ordinary people :-).

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: "Gravity"   Posted on: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm
I really like all effects, but at the moments get little bit boring. Is funny that at the end we lost shuttle, ISS, Hubble, Chinese space station, and facebook. I also made a report about it: http://newplanetpictures.com/does-gravity-shows-the-reality-of-space/