Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream

Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream

Posted by: SANEAlex - Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 pm
I seem to have missed most of it but picked up a link via twitter and the bits i have seen have been interesting. I think the last day is today it is running in Dallas with whatever their time zone is for UKers their breakfast seems to be our lunch about 6 hours difference i think.

http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/congress-livestream/

Edited to add it seems to have its own youtube channel as well so you can see the rest of it as well

https://www.youtube.com/user/IcarusInte ... ture=watch

The schedule of what was on is here.

http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/congress-schedule/

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:57 pm
That is still a really awful choice of name...

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:17 am
Did anybody here watch it all?

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:10 am
JamesG wrote:
That is still a really awful choice of name...

Yep I thought that too but then I saw a bit where they are planning to do a big computer simulation of the various parts of a mission before hand that way they can put another 10p in the slot and have a reboot whenever the wax melts. :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am
box wrote:
Did anybody here watch it all?

Not yet I saw a fair bit of day 3 and some of the quick interviews on their youtube channel. but day one seems to be missing when i check

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Icarus Interstellar starship congress live video stream   Posted on: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:03 am
I watched one quick interview, which was pretty much incomprehensible without context. If someone does a write-up, I'll probably read at least some of it, but I don't have time to watch a day-long video.

More and more information on the web seems to be embedded within video, rather than in written text. That's a real shame, because it takes much more time to watch a video than to read a piece of text with the same information. I guess the problem is that making a video can be done by anyone who can hold a camera, and watching it by anyone with eyes and ears, while making an article and the reading it requires literacy on both ends. Perhaps instead of flying to a star we should fix our school systems?