Out of Business

Posted by: MarkYork - Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am
 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Out of Business 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 pm
Doesnt change the fact that you still cant provide absolute proof of it then test it and then prove it again time after time.... so say what you want, it aint true until proven and as much evidence as you think you have, it still isnt complete proof, so stop saying it is, it isnt, get that into your head! It is just a thought at the moment. Might be right, might be wrong, we dont know, we just dont!

I could handle it, most people would love it to be true, im sure we all would on here, the forum would be buzzing!! Maybe you just create it in your mind because your actual life is pretty dull and people with a face like that dont get much attention after 9pm so they follow something they found on yahoo answers written by a fat boy who has no friends and talks to his goldfish which he named Mulder.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:55 pm
I know it's real Rob. My goldfish didn't make US astronaut Gordon Cooper come forward or made president Clinton look into it or make Jimmy Carter say he's seen one nor did my goldfish sway any of the other hundreds of millions of witnesses around the world.
It didn't make the US air force put out a press release in 1947 that they had captured a flying saucer.
My goldfish named Mulder is entirely innocent in these charges and incidentally considerably smarter than you, Rob.

We are on a planet. In space, Rob. Don't panic.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 pm
I have always come here for news about AA, but Dan's wackiness has always been entertaining and good for a laugh. If AA does wind down/evaporate, I might not have a reason to visit here in the future. So if I am not back... Good luck Dan and I hope the meds kick in at some point!

Richard

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:11 pm
You guys are all very funny.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm
James Bauer wrote:
You guys are all very funny.

Glad to make you smile I really do hope Armadillo gets back on track as i have said many times before i really do cheer on anybody who tries to make access to space more common and as your are a mod of this sub forum I assume you are involved? I may be back later for round 3 of trying to educate Dan with real stuff I happen to know for a fact about quite a few UFO incidents but I really should move some more stuff into the loft so I can have a bit more space for working on my own space access project. So good luck with getting Armadillo rebooted at some time.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:21 am
*cough*

Quote:
'Unfortunately I got stuck on the Earth for rather longer than I indended', said Ford. 'I came for a week and got stuck for fifteen years.'

'But how did you get there in the first place then?'

'Easy, I got a lift with a teaser.'

'A teaser?'

'Yeah.'

'Er, what is...'

'A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.

'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:52 am
Does Dan's latest post make it a fact?....no

Will Dan try and write something else that he read online told by a farm boy who got drunk and felt something probe him in the ass...probably

"errr yeahhhh so I go this thing go up my err yeahhh, so must have been...ummm... aliens, deffos not the absinth and Carl from the next village...yep...aliens did it...twice"

Will countless accounts make it a fact?...no

Does Dan get this?...no

Keep posting Dan, reading it to yourself might just make it a fact!

On that note maybe I should keep posting that Rachel Bilson is in love with me, click my shoes together and make a wish! It might just happen!If I realllly believe it! Rachelllllll Pleeeasssseeee

Will your next post make it a fact? No

Will more odds make it a fact?...NO!

You do not know for sure!!!!! You just think it is true!! FACT

I am open minded, "I want to believe" but spending every night with a telescope as I do, I have never seen anything that makes me convinced and even if I did, I would still look for more logical explanations.

When you hear clip-clop we all think horse...you think unicorn!

Grow up

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 am
Are you trying to say unicorns don't exist? Next thing will be Santa!

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am
If you weren't so irrational Rob you wouldn't pretend that US astronaut Gordon Cooper, US astronaut Edgar Mitchell, colonel Charles Halt, colonel John Alexander, colonel Richard French, colonel Robert Salas, colonel Phillip Corso, FAA division chief John Callahan, brig. general Stephen Lovekin, president Jimmy Carter, congressmen Dennis Kucinich, governor Fife Symington, sgt major Robert Dean and colonel Wendelle Stevens is some 'farm boy who got drunk and felt something probe him in the ass'.

If you're right and I'm such a fool, why do you need to misrepresent the truth so much to defend your position.

As for your pathetic telescope catching ET ships, try a wide angle quality night vision scope at maximum gain instead. Maybe use automatic detection software and let it run every night. There is no guarantee your small section will see traffic but statistically speaking it shouldn't take too many days before you see movement that's conventionally impossible.
And if you want to be smart about it (fat chance) you can use two scopes in parallax which would allow you to determine altitude and speed of the targets. Making a 90 degree turn at 100km altitude at mach 20 is a neat trick. You would of course scramble to deny it even if you saw it, by your own admission.
You see many small minds claim that they would welcome the fact, that it would be exciting but when things turn real your mind is suddenly not so keen on the prospect. Not that you are aware of such denial of course.

Here is Gordon Cooper telling you the truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwxuHE03aM

And here you can see many witnesses, not one of which is a drunk farm boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIeGeE0uDJg

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 am
Did Dan just give evidence....again...no!

Maybe Dan they had an agenda you don't know about because important people want you to think what they want you to think, maybe they cover up advanced propulsion or threats from this planet, who knows!? Maybe though they are happy for you to go on about it knowing it actually hides what they don't want you to see!

Again, my point which you keep ignoring, you do not know if you know the truth so it is not a fact! You are just repeating what others have said and you will not ever know why they said it!

Admit it, go on, write that you do not know one way or another and admit that there is a possibility that people might lie about things to cover other things for reasons we might not be able to yet comprehend.... go on... go on Dan!

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:32 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Alex, occam's razor and logic are not labels you can invoke to justify stupidity. It's not a badge that you can whip out and claim victory.
You have to actually have good thinking, not just labels in defense of piss poor thinking.
When hundreds of millions of people around the world speak to a detailed consistent narrative that holds up against science unlike idiotic scifi, then occam's razor slits your throat.

I am world famous(Z list admittedly of course in all modesty :wink: I did not even get to play myself in the movie tho i did get an extras part in it :D ) for my big beard and a certain kind of intellect (Read Terry Pratchett's Going Postal the SANEAlex character was based upon me and my sister thought he got me down quite well and she really is a Mensa candidate I sometimes have my doubts about your self declared genius :wink: :twisted: ) so I rarely cut my self shaving either literary or metaphorically maybe I should get an Occam's razor badge to wear I did once have an RTFM one once but I digress. I was not depending upon a metaphorical badge I did show some of my working out with my reasoning admittedly only a small amount but then I am still a 2 fingered dyslexic typist so my big posts like this one take quite a while to compose. I sort of assumed you could look up stuff on the Fermi paradox i think David Brin has list somewhere with about 100 possible reasons the DNA teaser joke quoted later in this thread may even be one of them.

Like Rob i have read up and watched quite a bit of stuff on UFO's and the hundreds of millions of reports and that maybe an all too human exaggeration are not consistent a lot of them are contradictory do you cherry pick the ones that have not been proven to be Hoax's or later explained away. :?: If so read this I have been known to have imbibed alcohol on quite a few occasions with a person lets call him the prankster so as not spoil the fun and make it plausibly deniable. To give you an idea of his skill set he later became one of Pink Floyds top roadies and if you don't know how complicated some of their productions are look them up on the net. Well he was brought up in a rural community in one of the south eastern counties of the UK during the 70's and 80's you could call him a farm boy but he is so much more than that. :twisted: Well during those days with only 3 tv channels and then them not always being reliable. You had to make your own entertainment well the prankster and his mates had access to empty barns and tractors and were also quite good at scavenging. They built a flying saucer on an old trailer with all the lights and bits and just before closing time at the pubs we still had a standard one in those days it would be placed on hills a fair distance away from the road and iirc if on a hill away from the road they could pull it along by rope or even the tractor if they could get the angles right. Well the UFO's made the local news the national news and even the international news the stories became more and more exaggerated and there was more and more interest with people coming to visit the area. And this is the skill of the master prankster they dismantled the stuff before they were caught so still to this day stuff appears in books and videos about it often in greatly exaggerated form but if you were in the know could be tracked back to a few bored teenagers.

Crop circles are like this after many years some of the pranksters even show how the complicated stuff was done the Human bored mind can be very ingenious before and even during a full keg of cider. :wink: :twisted: Now the prankster could have been lying to me but he was consistent with details even when well inebriated for him to pass my own personnel Occams razor on consistency etc. That was not his best story he is on a flatter part of the bell curve than even you or me he once met the Dalai lama and the then Archbishop of Canterbury dressed only in his underpants who were having a meeting about pan religious tolerance with his then wiccian girlfriend this was confirmed to me by his then exgirlfriend who I think may have married another one of his girlfriends or at least a civil ceremony with him as the best man like I say the bell curve can get very flat.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Here's FAA division chief John Callahan telling you that it's real
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akuopXFjWws

I watched this and the Gordon Cooper vid whom you hold in great store and if you listen to what they say and what was they speculation on what they saw I could easily come up with a possible explanation always assuming what they said was the truth as they believed it and they were not doing so to profit share in any videos and books produce that might help in their retirement.

As I say taking them at their word listening only to what they said they saw and dismissing their speculation on what they saw. How about this.

We still don't know a lot about what causes a lot the weather lighting sprites have only in recent years been confirmed as proper weather and not UFO's. Well how a bout a charged cloud of some kind water ice crystals it does not matter I am only speculating and the plane has the opposite charge. The cloud could follow in formation and even change direction rapidly if they both came across another charged cloud. Also another plane comes closer and the charged cloud changes and follows it. I know rain clouds can be picked up on radar maybe highly charged in peculiar but not impossible ways could explain weird radar bounces possible isn't it :?: and the saucer shape often seen what if the cloud is a moving torus vortex see vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyTOcfF99o

With different air/water/ice density's it could bend light in ways that could fool our limited senses. I am not saying my explanation is true it is pure speculation based on the evidence in the videos you linked to not the speculation of the participants upon their own evidence. But which sounds more likely?

It maybe if there was not so much paranoia about UFO's reporting and keeping quiet and burying so called evidence we might have learnt a lot more about our weather and could predict it a lot better.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
And your premise that humans can categorically not be trusted because we are story telling apes is spectacularly thoughtless.
I think you should be a lawyer and try the story telling ape defense to dismiss all testimony categorically. I hear Aaron Hernandez could use some help right about now.
John incidentally has video of his story telling radar systems and audio recordings from the story telling plane.

I did not say we can not be categorically trusted but there are whole libraries showing we are good a telling stories i really would recommended the Science of Discworld books they are about real world science and just use an enjoyable fantasy world as a comparison to show how the real world works to the best of knowledge at this time. They also teach critical thinking. I also like to think I am too honest to be a politician,priest or lawyer come the revolution I hope they all put against the wall and shot tho not necessarily in that order just in case the lawyers get the others freed. :wink: :twisted:

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Rob, small minds are always itching to ban me so I can't tell you what I think about your quality of thinking.
The Travis Walton case had 7 guys together who all saw the craft up close. They all passed police polygraph tests twice. The 6 of the guys stood accused of murder in the 5 days Travis Walton was missing because the little boys in the saucer borrowed him.

Of course it's real. You just can't handle it.

Rather than think about telling Rob about his small mind and the quality of his thinking(I have seen some of his photos so I know he can handle a camera and a telescope at the same time, so thru logic and reason I also assume he can pee and chew gum simultaneously even if he does not like gum. :wink: :twisted: ) It is much better I think to argue the points and post the links supporting your reasoning or lack of it(And by that try to understand when you think something is true via your faith in the idea or by logical reasoning on the evidence they are different it took me a long time to learn this. I suspect most people here are more likely to be persuaded something is true by a chain of logic than be told to have faith that an idea is true because someone says it is ) :wink: :twisted: like you have done with the video links. I try to be reasonably polite even tho I do I admit occasionally take the metaphorical piss its my twisted British sense of and I do like logic chopping it keeps what few neurons I have left these days exercised to a certain degree.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 pm
Rob, in principle those hundreds of millions could be devoting their life reputation to telling a very detailed well coordinated visionary lie that makes scientific sense and passing polygraphs to that effect and getting the US military to play along with internal documents and giving 4 different official versions for what happened at Roswell. It's theoretically possible. I haven't yet seen one my self.
Could they be telling the truth Rob? go on.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:18 pm
Really Alex? charged ice crystals in the atmosphere?
Gordon Cooper chased clearly metallic craft in his fighter jet over germany but couldn't get to them because they were too fast and too high, that was ice crystals?
When Gordon Cooper's film crew filmed a metallic craft land at 50 yard distance in broad daylight on a dry lake bed at a california air force base and watched it take off, developed the film which was ordered by the pentagon to be flown by the base commander's plane immediately to the pentagon, that was ice crystals in the air?
When Travis walton was shot and abducted by a flying saucer 10 meters in front of his 6 crew mates in the forest, who stood accused of murder for the 5 days Travis was missing in 1975 and all passed polygraph tests and Travis was deeply traumatized for years after the event, that was ice crystals in the air?
When shuttle astronaut call to Houston and say "Houston, this is Discovery, we still have the alien space craft under observance", that's ice crystals?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygaICCH0s9w

Here's a cute collection of Nasa slips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHgQdKsvRk
Most likely ice crystals carved with Occam's razor. Maybe swamp gas.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:57 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Really Alex? charged ice crystals in the atmosphere?
Gordon Cooper chased clearly metallic craft in his fighter jet over germany but couldn't get to them because they were too fast and too high, that was ice crystals?
When Gordon Cooper's film crew filmed a metallic craft land at 50 yard distance in broad daylight on a dry lake bed at a california air force base and watched it take off, developed the film which was ordered by the pentagon to be flown by the base commander's plane immediately to the pentagon, that was ice crystals in the air?
When Travis walton was shot and abducted by a flying saucer 10 meters in front of his 6 crew mates in the forest, who stood accused of murder for the 5 days Travis was missing in 1975 and all passed polygraph tests and Travis was deeply traumatized for years after the event, that was ice crystals in the air?
When shuttle astronaut call to Houston and say "Houston, this is Discovery, we still have the alien space craft under observance", that's ice crystals?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygaICCH0s9w

Here's a cute collection of Nasa slips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHgQdKsvRk
Most likely ice crystals carved with Occam's razor. Maybe swamp gas.

You seem to selectively misunderstand me most what would seem to be objective "Evidence" was in the the first video and my possible charged ice crystals idea might I did not say did be a clear and relatively simple explanation(tho i expect the fine details to be quite complicated) to explain the contents of that video. To explain running away from being chased the same or similar type of cloud going away from a plane they would only have to have the same type of charge. And I as I said above possibly not so clearly. Mirage's are well known to be caused by different density's of air and as well as magnifying things that do exist the more common ones distort the light giving a metallic look to the distortion. A torus effect combined with that well known and well documented mirage effect could I am proposing give a metallic saucer or even cigar (depending upon angle looked from) shape like look to what maybe just rare and peculiar atmospheric effect.

The second video was only a talking head but most of what I said could explain most of what he said and the film of a strange vehicle was he admitted on a top secret base where they are not encouraged to talk to each about other top secret projects.

And where are your conspiracy theorist credentials today? The polygraph is a joke when it does work it mostly by the placebo effect with the gullible believing it will do what it says on the tin. There have been lots of miscarriages of justice been done using it that have convincingly been proven at later dates when real evidence was later found.

And with that I think I should finish playing with you for now as since as I could not find any plausible plans for building a working flying saucer on the Net I am with some friends trying to build our own new type of vehicle for getting into space. And despite one day wanting to make SA_Rocket_Guy eat humble pie (It will be edible i promise :wink: :twisted: )on his sceptical comments on the N-Prize what he thinks of as impossible I just think is going to be bloody hard so we could be some time but hopefully before the decade is out but even if we are late it will still be an achievement.

So Dan I think we will have to agree to disagree, like Rob I am open to real evidence of the existence of aliens and would if it was friendly shake it by the arm or even tentacle :wink: :twisted: if I ever meet one but considering the abilities of today's human special effects designers it would also have to pass my own personal Turing test. :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: Out of Business   Posted on: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:03 pm
Could they tell the truth - yes
Could they lie - Yes

Doesnt make it factual

Profile WWW
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next