Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > videos of the flight of spaceshipone

videos of the flight of spaceshipone

Posted by: skymik - Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:52 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
videos of the flight of spaceshipone 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post videos of the flight of spaceshipone   Posted on: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:52 pm
Hello

I have a little problem. I has searched everywhere in order to find a video of the yesterday's fligth but i wasn't able to find one.

All the links i 've seen were bound with a ".ram" file and i have got a problem with realplayerone and it can't work on my personal computer.

So if you know a website where i can download videos of SS1 in space in a ".wmv" or a ".avi" format, i am really interested!!!

good evening

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:04 am
I'll post it on the xprize blog http://x-prize.blogspot.com/ (and if you want I can send you a private message or an e-mail) if I find it in a diffrent file format.

I haven't seen one so far...

I recorded some stuff myself (from TV coverage);. only my webspace will not love this kind of transferes.. so I can't host it..... (anyoney ? :roll: , it's 67.9 MB, 12 files)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:01 pm
My friend hosts cyborgcow.net, I'm sure he'd be happy to help if you need a place to host it, he does that for me and he's happy somebody's using the space. If you'd like, I can set you up with a space to ftp the files into that would be permanent that you could link to.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:08 pm
Electrolyte wrote:
My friend hosts cyborgcow.net, I'm sure he'd be happy to help if you need a place to host it, he does that for me and he's happy somebody's using the space. If you'd like, I can set you up with a space to ftp the files into that would be permanent that you could link to.

I'll contact you by e-mail.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:04 pm
Scaled released a movie: http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/ ... ll-sm2.wmv

It's wmv, so you should be able to see it.

I haven't used Electrolyte his friends web server, cause it would generate too much transfere. and I guess the scaled movie shows more than what I got recorded.... (only movies filmed from the ground into the air..), while scaled shows the in space part :)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:48 pm
You weren't able to use it? That sucks. I'm sorry about that..

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 am
Electrolyte wrote:
You weren't able to use it? That sucks. I'm sorry about that..

Don't worry your friend offered to use it.. he has a lot of transfere/month.. but if I posted it on the news blog or so.. and other sites who copy the news often put it on their site.. that server would turn into a full time "movie download center" ;) I guess no normal server (or basic website account) can accept that much data transfere/moth without a backbone to the internet or advanced connection without limits.
Your friends transfere limit would be 100% used... or even exceeded.. and scaled was nice anough to put up their movie in a good file format :) so I decided that he better uses his transfere to help other people.

Profile WWW