Community > Forum > Perception, Barriers & Regulation of Privatized Space Travel > Millionaires who should be involved in spaceflight...

Millionaires who should be involved in spaceflight...

Posted by: Dreada - Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:47 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Millionaires who should be involved in spaceflight... 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Millionaires who should be involved in spaceflight...   Posted on: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:47 pm
Hi all - I'm new. :)

I thought it'd be cool to start a discussion about those wealthy people in society who could/should get involved in manned/unmanned space exploration.

Take for example Richard Branson (UK) who has an arrangment with SCALED COMPOSITES for building a plane to try for a solo non-stop flight around the world within 80 days. Good idea, but whats new about it? Surely the final frontier is a much more exciting challenge?! :?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3204897.stm

The sky is no longer the limit.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Billionaires   Posted on: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:31 am
Lets get the Billionaires involved... Onasis, Allen, Gates, and all of the rest of the Bulk fortune owners(they probably are anyway).
Millionaires will be the first customers ie Dennis Tito's... How sad that NASA did not embrace his visit.
I want to make an automated mining ship to head off into space and look for trace elements, minerals etc. It would carry and release relay transmitters to aid in transmission and navigation like a beacon.
Got a hunch? build a bunch programmed to sample communicate and return results.

Profile YIM WWW