Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Blue Origin's latest update

Blue Origin's latest update

Posted by: koxinga - Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
Blue Origin's latest update 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Blue Origin's latest update   Posted on: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 am
The Blues seem to have updated their website at least as far as I can tell. Ignore if this is a repeat.

They have made clear their long term development plans and roadmap. No surprises there; there had been clues in their CCDev submissions and reports on the sub-orbital VTVL and the TSTO.

The other interesting thing would be the posted video of an earlier test flight of their development vehicle 2 which was destroyed in the Sep test flight.
http://www.blueorigin.com/updates/updates-2011-11-17-video-of-the-short-hop-flight.html
Based on the plume... it seems that a single engine was used for the short hop compared to the 4 plumes seen in the Sep failure. Pushing the envelope? Anyone care to estimate the height of that short hope?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Blue Origin's latest update   Posted on: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:40 pm
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12183&start=0

;)

I do not know how you came to the conclusion that a single engine was used for the short hop. I saw 3 engines going up and then 2 engines going down (one was turned off around apogee).