Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > What will happen when aliens find us

What will happen when aliens find us

Posted by: liamkisters - Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:22 pm
 [ 9 posts ] 
What will happen when aliens find us 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:22 pm
Hello everyone I got three theories what aliens will do when they reach us

First : that they think we are ants and move on (so there must be much more life then us)

Second : that they didnt know there was other life either so they welcome us
the reason for the second one is everyone thinks aliens must have 100.000.000.0 years head start but they but they could also have just a 500 year head start. And they are also searching for intellegent life and if we are ants in aliens images. That would sugest that intellegent life such as us should be unlimted and i think thats impossible.

Third : they will destroy us and a counter theory is is that we dont need to be scared of other life it could also be that we have a head start and that aliens are just in the primeval stages.

let me know what you think

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:51 am
According to some they already have. A long time ago in fact.

It could be any of the above based upon the nature of the critters who stopped by our little spot in the Universe.

There is not enough factual information to base a choice. Anything would be opinion/belief/faith.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:51 am
They'll invite us to join them in their virtual reality interstellar civilisation. Or maybe I've been reading too much Egan...

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:37 pm
Lourens wrote:
They'll invite us to join them in their virtual reality interstellar civilisation. Or maybe I've been reading too much Egan...

If we are in a VR Universe as some philosophical probabilists think we may be lets hope the AV software is written by their equivalent of Mickey$oft on a bad and that the next BSOD is not due for few billion of our years :twisted:

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm
I think it was Carl Sagan who said 'life seeks out life'. Perhaps if an alien race came to us it was because they wanted to see what else had managed to get into space.

I think if an alien species were to find us, they may just be relieved to know definitively that they aren't alone in the universe. And I think that knowledge might do us some good too. Maybe.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:10 am
They'll take us to be a backward life form and launch experimental attacks on us, seeking our response to their experiments

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 am
Well they won't "invade" us for minerals or elements or simple compounds as you see in too many hollywood films. Nor will there be any new elements discovered. And acording to a book called "Probability One" there is a high likely hood that we are the most "advanced" being in our area of the galaxy. Really read that for good scientific reasoning for other life in our galaxy.
My guess would be as man compares his self to an ant.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:49 am
I don’t think they’ll try to be friendly or welcome us. They’ll try to make us slaves or destroy earth.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: What will happen when aliens find us   Posted on: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am
If the aliens had any sense and the ability, they would wipe us out before we did it to them.