Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details

Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details

Posted by: stew_lilley - Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 am
 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm
It more fun to watch from the sidelines. Hope you get the battery soon.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 pm
It's a lot easier to bitch than do anything that's for sure! lol

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:23 pm
Anycase,
@Monroe; your team is the best. NS6 is a good CV and it gives to you large experience.
Best,
Joshua

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:01 am
Josh
We all are the best at what we are doing and how and why we are doing it. We all are leading the way. You keep doing what you are doing don't give in or up and keep looking to the stars. Thank you and godspeed.

Now get that thing flying! :) we all are winners if you do!

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 pm
Thanks Monroe. I will.
Joshua

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 pm
Looks like we are rolling again! I believe we solved the dispersion analysis problem and I'm working on getting TAOS for ANEI I believe we can get it! In the mean time we will use Rocksim Pro.

Monroe

FAA here we come!

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 am
Monroe, Press on!
Joshua

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:20 am
Links to our tracking devices so you can watch the testing yourself live! if you like. Testing tonight probable ground launch test tomorrow.

http://aprs.fi/?call=ad5fb-1&mt=roadmap ... range=3600
http://aprs.fi/?call=ad5fb-2&mt=roadmap ... range=3600

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:22 am
Team Prometheus can do dispersion analysis for you if you cant afford to do it yourself we can help.

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 am
Hi Monroe,

admittedly, I haven't gone through your entire project yet. Is the balloon to be recovered for each flight?

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am
Rocketguy
The balloon payloads have been recovered for every mission so far we have not lost one. The balloons themselves are recovered too but they are latex weather balloons and they pop at maximum altitude. There is a parachute for payload recovery.
On NSE-6 we will not recover the balloon platform as all the gear is in the rocket this time.
The balloon for the space shot is a 170,000 cft Zero Pressure balloon made out of polyethylene and it's design makes it imperative that it has a cutdown device as it could float for a very long time compared to the latex weather balloons.
We will launch an additional weather balloon with a digipeater on it after the initial launch to insure the signals reach the internet and help with recovery of the downed payload.

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:58 am
So the cost of the helium and possibly balloon has to be part of the launch budget?

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 am
Rocketguy
Hydrogen is much cheaper and it could be made (produced from Alum. and Sodium Hydroxide) even cheaper. The balloon is handmade so it's cost in raw materials is low.
If we scavenge the alum. that's a fair savings as well. We wont go to these extremes unless we have too. The first attempt wont be under budget at least not for Team Prometheus. But we can get down to the winning of the N-Prize.
Not enough people read the rules close enough donated materials can be used and any good scavenger can come up with most of the raw materials for nothing. Only the first ones cost what we have spent.
The actual attempt can all be donated raw materials as long as nothing complete is used from another source. I believe Dr. Dear wants the prize to be won. If you work it out he's the one you need to get the approval from.
I have worked it out, and on a second attempt we can meet the cost goal. Once we have something that works we can duplicate it in raw materials and donations. Even the rocket motors can be made from donated materials as long as they are made by the team.

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 am
AIUI the donations must be obtainable by anyone of the street. Also, what is the distinction between donations and sponsorship? When I started out in Rockery I looked for donations and sponsorship. I found that hardly anyone would actually donate anything. They would always want something in the form of advertisements.

Though I am not a participant in the N-Prize, I have been involved in projects that had big goals with small budgets. So the hurdles you have to jump over are familiar to me.

Good luck!

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 am
Yeah, I already have that lined up. If we can do it once the stuff will come. I'm anybody right and If I can find the stuff anyone can. You just have to find the right people.
It is getting easier for Team Prometheus to get funding. Not a lot all at once but it's making a difference that's for sure.

Monroe

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Moderator: Paul H. Dear