Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details

Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details

Posted by: stew_lilley - Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 am
 [ 86 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:49 pm
Dave
Why don't you do something useful then? Like a dispersion analysis if your trying to help? Post that! I'll use that. This stuff your discussing is not helping. You no longer have the proper data to do a simulation of an orbital launch for us. And right now we are doing a space shot.
Nobody wants to do the hard stuff everybody wants to do the fun stuff and be the big smart guy. That's the easy part doing the REAL paperwork that's needed to do the launches and keep the company going that's the part we need help with.

Monroe

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm
I don't have the simulation software that the FAA requires to do the dispersion analysis. Can't you just buy the software and run the analysis yourself?

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:39 pm
Ahhh, nobody seems to have it. TAOS or POST yeah it's a real pain. $20,000 a little steep. There is a alternative ATOS but the learning curve is pretty steep to. I cant do everything! I choose not to learn that right now. ATOS is expensive but you can download and use it for a month. I did dlwd it but I wont be able to do in a month and everything else at the same time.
Rocksim pro has splash it's not accepted by the FAA but other people might take that data and input it into TAOS or POST for a fee. Rocksim pro is $1000 plus whatever their fee would be so I don't know which way to go. We need a dispersion analysis for every launch after NSE-6. If we had the software we would have to have someone that could run it.
If I don't figure that out and soon the space shot will get delayed and that would really suck. If we had the software we could do analysis for others and charge for it and that would help offset the cost. When we step up to this level we are making strides beyond what amateurs do and enter a whole new realm but it's a big step and a steep slope from here.
It's a pretty big barrier and a good one actually it will keep the rif-raff out. Crossing it is a big step.

Monroe

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 pm
Dave
This is exactly the fact's I'm talking about. This kind of discussion is beneficial to anyone that's really trying to do this kind of work at least in the USA.
Talk about orbital rockets is something you do in school people learn about that in their aerospace engineering classes every day. Any sharp kid can do the calculations. It's the hard work men do to actually get the job done that makes all the difference.
You don't see the infrastructure I've laid out. You don't worry about fuel and the means to get the job done. You don't think about where and how to get the job done.
You in fact poo poo on the amount of money invested and my time for these nearly 4 years now. I've been full time Team Prometheus 24-7. You have no idea who and what or how because I've never shared that unless you had the need to know.
I cant do that, why? The business end of Team Prometheus is no picnick pal. It is getting easier but for a long time it was constant hell. And you still have the balls to act like you can tell me how to do things. I think I handle it pretty well don't you?

Monroe

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:46 pm
Yes, you are handling it very well.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm
Thank you. Now can we get on with figuring out how to get a dispersion analysis done? That will help a whole lot more people right now. I'm totally open to suggestions from anyone! We really need this and so do a lot of others if they are serious. If we solve it we can help others! It's been a long time since we where in a position to do that. I'd like to get back to that. I'd like to do a lot of things but it's clear I'm only one fella with a small group of people helping me.

Monroe

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm
Monroe,

Any updates on the progress of your gound launch test? Your last APRS test was a week ago. It seemed like you guys were ready for a test launch. I'm just curious what you're waiting for.

Dave

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 pm
I had another opportunity to do some more work on the Matagorda site. So it got delayed until I get back north. Also killed a battery pak and had to order another one. More work on the starboard engine on the boat. Still have plenty to do elsewhere on the project.

Monroe

I have to take every opportunity on Matagorda.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 pm
Man this trainwreck is entertaining.

TAOS and Missile Datcom are both free, you just have to know how to get them. Which is intentionally made somewhat challenging to limit their distribution to professional aerospace organizations, largely for ITAR reasons.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm
Ha ha, well I'm glad someone's enjoying it! If I had access to either of those it would help. I find it interesting that you seem to enjoy watching me struggle. But hey, that's you.

Monroe

I cant find either especially for free. If anyone has information that would help please do so.
I have an aerospace company, Aeronautic Enterprises Inc. I have all the necessary stuff including a Cage Code ect... We have no problem proving we are a legit company.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm
Monroe,

It appears that the '97 version of Missile Datcom is available on a CD that comes with the book "Design Methodologies for Space Transportation Systems". It's available on Amazon.com for $100. That's not free, but it shouldn't be a problem for a well established aerospace company like Aeronautic Enterprises Inc. :)

BTW, what's a "Cage Code ect.."?

Dave

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 pm
OK, I figured out what a Cage Code is. It's a number you get when registering with the government. I did find ANEI on the list. Are you still on Brown Lane? BTW, the link for the website for ANEI doesn't work.

I'm still not sure what "ect" is, unless you meant etc. I had another thought about the book with the Missile Datcom software. Maybe you can find it at a library, and it won't cost you anything.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 pm
Dave
There are a lot of numbers and codes ANEI has to do business. No, I let the website go for now because I cant even keep up with the Team Prometheus website and get enough work done. ANEI has everything it needs to do legitimate business as an aerospace corporation in any field including military or the department of defense and the FAA.

I dot know anything about missile Datcom this is the first I've heard of it. I don't know if the FAA will accept it yet I do know they use POAST and TAOS.

Yes. there is an office on Brown Lane for ANEI

Monroe

P.S. ANEI was formed by changing the name of a computer corporation I had in the early 90's to save money that's why it's been in business for 20 years. We know we are a fledgling aerospace corp. But we are serious about the business.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:05 pm
Monroe,

Are you ready to do a ground test-launch of the model rocket? When do you think you'll launch it? When do you think you'll do the NSE-6 mission?

Dave

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Team Prometheus NSE-6 Mission Details   Posted on: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm
Yes, just waiting on a battery. Then good weather it will happen soon. I'll let you know your welcome to come if you want.
Your welcome back on the team if you realize we clash to much and can back off when I get serious. We need you and Roger both, but I am the leader that's final. If you can live with that. If not you know I wish you well.

Monroe

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Moderator: Paul H. Dear