Community > Forum > General Corporate > The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s

The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s

Posted by: Lourens - Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s   Posted on: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm
Apparently, Lebanon had an amateur space programme in the 1960s, and they reached suborbital space, too. Pretty impressive!

I'm actually wondering now if there have been or are any other space programmes in the Middle East and Africa. Lutz Kayser of OTRAG worked in Zaire and Libya for a while, and Isreal has a satellite launch capability, but what about others?

(Mods: I wasn't sure where to post this, if you can think of a better section, please go ahead and move this thread.)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s   Posted on: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 am
Excellent

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: The Lebanese Space Program of the 1960s   Posted on: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 pm
Heard on the news today that Iran just launched a capsule in to space. I guess that counts?!