Community > Forum > Google Lunar X PRIZE > Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...

Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...

Posted by: IdeaVault - Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 pm
 [ 15 posts ] 
Serious GLXP Team Opportunity... 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 pm
Hi, My name is Lenard with IdeaVault.

We have and OpenLab Initiative to couple our in-house and acquired IP with other looking to form a last minute attempt and going to the moon via this competition.

We are not able to meet the initial 50K needed to start the team.

We will be in a position in 12-18 months, if not sooner to add corporate funds to the project, but certain contracts, etc. limit us at this time.

We also have a TON of resources in all aspects.

If we are not able to raise the 50k and submit the app. in the next 2 weeks then we will still go to the moon regardless of the competition. Our IP is strong and worthy of application to this task.

What we are looking to do is create majority owned company of individuals, employees (future) and contributors of IP (intellectual property), then use the remaining percentage of unissued stock for larger tier 2 and 3 funding.

Example if we can get just 50 people wanting to be part of in any way, from "yes I am a top Initial investor in the team" to a integral part of the team in any capacity. every $1k USD = .25% ownership x 50 = 12.5 % and other 12.5 35% kept for licensing, collateral for IP rights or sharing, payment for IP developed by members, etc.

Please...ask all the questions you can think of to be productive and i hope to get this team going and fully submitted ASAP.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:32 am
I am shocked to see no, zero dialog about a team formation.

anyone???!!!???

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 am
IdeaVault wrote:
I am shocked to see no, zero dialog about a team formation.

anyone???!!!???

Perhaps because your post sounds like a begging letter?

You cannot raise the funds yourself so you are having to get outside investors (which is fair enough), but there is no information in your post that gives any indication you can do what you claim, and that's the sort of information people need to make decisions on whether to invest.

It's also quite likely that no-one here has the spare cash!

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 am
I just don't deal with anyone who uses the term IP when attempting to give a good account of themselves. Intellectual Property is a makey uppy term which was probably started by below average law graduates. It attempts to combine trademarks, patents and copyrighted works under one umbrella. Each of these concepts was created for different reasons and each of them has a different purpose. Each of them are covered by different areas of legislation. Attempting to combine them is confusing and dishonest. Despite the fact that it is currently popular to do this, it is just an example of the blind leading the blind. People who use the term Intellectual Property are usually quite ignorant of the details of copyright law, patent law and trademark law. They just see IP as some kind of amorphous source of value that can be added to their company if they just talk about it enough.

johno

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm
No beggar letter...

Quite simple an attempt to start a dialog with those interested.

If initial funding was available or not in conflict with other resources, I nor no one looking to start a team would openly post to start a team in this manner.

If you have the money then you have the money and it is accessible, anyone trying the GLXP in a realistic fashion on their own can buy all they need to get to the moon, the issue is when faced with the opposite the community approach or "crowd-sourcing" and "boot-strapping" is the way to go.

as far as "IP", give me a break. Seriously, I have been in the biz of creating, selling, buying, brokering, valuing, etc. Intellectual Property and your 100% WRONG.

Now I will say this, a lot of people and companies try to say they have awesome IP and its nothing more than an idea and scratch paper.

But in the attempt to start a dialog of those interested, I would follow with NDA's, demonstration, proper legal documentation and team/corporate structure, etc.

What I find more interesting, and that is per viewing other requests to form a team, EVERY post is less direct and gives you the "garage DIY'er" feeling, which is fine, we all have to start somewhere, but to receive the 2 comments I did, I am honestly amazed.

I merely listed this post because I have longed for the ability to create a team, but for the last 3 years I could not get enough votes to try and when the economy busted and I have the opportunity to sell and keep my "IP" i did, but my funds as per contract and terms are not available for many months past the registration deadline.

That is why I say that regardless of the Competition, I will make my own attempts when I am able in the next 12+ months, and hopefully be reaching that destination amongst the other groups, just not able to win anything other that success, which has it's own rewards.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:29 pm
IdeaVault wrote:
as far as "IP", give me a break. Seriously, I have been in the biz of creating, selling, buying, brokering, valuing, etc. Intellectual Property and your 100% WRONG.

I don't care what you claim to have done. I am not 100% wrong. You may disagree with my personal viewpoint on people who brag about their Imaginary Property. However, everything I said about the legal confusion regarding lumping copyrights, patents and trademarks under one umbrella is 100% correct. Since that was a significant percentage of my post, I am not 100% wrong.

If you have indeed spent years working in the "IP" business, then IMHO you are in no way qualified to run a team of people designing a moon mission. You are not an engineer or a scientist, you are just trying to make a quick buck off the work of other people. Whether that is through an investment scam, or by holding all the precious "IP" that is developed for yourself is irrelevant. Anyone who gives you money for this is a bloody idiot.

My ideas will do just fine without being locked in a vault, thanks very much.

johno

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 pm
Sir, you are wrong in several ways.

1. in general "IP" being intellectual property refers more accurately to developed ideas, processes, technology, etc that CAN NOT be copy righted or trademarked or patented.
There is significant merit to being able to create something that is a misc combination of proven concepts, technologies, etc that cannot be patented.
For full trademark protection and for it to legally hold, it must be in a marketable position to establish a potential value.

2. I am an engineer, quite expensively, 90% of MY IP was thought of, designed, prototyped, built tested and now used in OEM licenses and also via ODM relationships in TODAY's market.

3. Marketing Scam, do you normally insult and slander new member to this forum, or you just having a bad day...although it is even EXTREMELY un-professional for me to response to you, today and yesterday, I couldn't help myself...i was just rubbed the wrong was as I am now by your latest response.

it would only be a scam, if we got ourselves to a point in a dialog of people interested in this team, and I couldn't produce what was merited or asked for to establish credibility to secure funding and then after funding of any amount being secured, disappear or something.

Regardless, you have your prospective, i have mine, seems like you have been burned before.

And yes, "vault" IdeaVault, that is what I do...I own 7 companies in different but interlocking fields, that their IP and assets are owned by one holding company, being IdeaVault....just smart and good business structure.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:31 pm
We have crackpots visiting quite often, maybe that has affected things a bit. Somehow the topic seems to attract them.

Perhaps you could be a bit, no actually a lot more specific about what fields you are in, what things you have invented, and what approach you plan to take to the GLXP technically? You are being extremely vague on anything technical while being much more specific about financials. To an engineer, reading this forum, that makes you look at best like a clueless manager who doesn't know a thing about what is and isn't feasible technically, and at worst like another crackpot.

As for the term "intellectual property", one of its problems is exactly that it is so vague, but the OALD has it as "an idea, a design, etc. that somebody has created and that the law prevents other people from copying". WIPO defines it as "Industrial property, which includes inventions (patents), trademarks, industrial designs, and geographic indications of source; and Copyright, ...". To me, that sounds more like John's definition than like yours.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 am
I totally agree with the post being vague technically, that is on purpose to an extent.

the post is as simple as the title.

I am looking for those serious about forming a team, but didn't get far because of the immediate negative response to my simple attempt to open both online and off line dialog.

I have reviewed most of the inquires about starting a team and they are very, very vague when they started. And then the dialog grew and so on, more tech came into the discussion.

Also, you NEVER NEVER discuss tech to much on an open forum for reasons of attracting the wrong people there just to learn something without contributing.

Additionally, there is no use to beating around the bush, 50k by the end of the year, you HAVE to get to the point. But it makes it easier when you have responses by serious people looking to start, again, a dialog.

as far as the "IP" definition,, yes your right, but in modern use in most industries and investment opportunities, it is used to separate it's self from the old explanation, because there is a need for this because the areas of patents, copy rights and trademarks are so solid in their definitions and common knowledge. the is why we now have new "IP" legislation, "IP" and R&D tax write-off procedures, "IP" lawyers, etc...we have patent, etc. lawyers.

Now, i respectfully apologize if i have somehow come-off in a negative way, but I feel the responses, especially the tone was not needed.

What I done, well, this is a specific as I can be, and this is an excerpt of our general description of the company's Officer's individual contributions:

• Intellectual Property
1. Advanced Data Base Core to integrate ANY security system into its central management and control
2. Advanced Video Analytic, MPEG7, Machine Vision, Pixel Characteristic Calculations, etc.
3. LPR Correction Analyzer and Codec
4. LPR Camera 1 – 2 Mega Pixel IP
5. LPR Camera 2 – Built in Analytic
6. Base Camera Reference Design SVGA
7. Base Camera Reference Design 1.2 -5 Mega Pixel
8. Embedded Analyzer capable of multi-threading & realtime true CPU throttling & core management
9. Base IP Video Sever and Multi-Switch reference design
10. Advanced models of each camera with 5 leading sensor options, wireless and Object Detection
11. Geo Positioning, with analytic and commandment
12. Fully Autonomous PTZ object tracking WITHOUT a reference fixe camera.
13. Short Range RFID-RTLS
14. Long Range RFID-RTLS
15. Autonomous Thermal Cameras, Object Verification System
16. 3 UAV Autonomous IP products, 2 currently in OEM negotiations
17. 1 ROV Lighting System, Green/Blue Laser Calculated Camera Correction and Depth Finder
18. 7 Land Based LIDAR Tracking and navigation Sensor Designs coupled with Arduino Processing and Motor Control for GPS and GEO Autonomous navigation.
19. 2 Telescoping tower designs, stationary and mobile.
20. Long-term, no-fuel, flywheel based UPS – prototype tested and functional – stage 1
21. 4300:1 Efficient regenerative power source, single and 3 phase – stage 2 prototype
22. Analytic Engine for Sonar
23. Stage 1 and 2 oil water separation system
24. WiMax Auto Tune POV Antenna Positioner/Tower Locator
25. UAV Auto Pilot, moving object tracking system while in flight
26. B and C Launch Systems, B- LEO Sounding Rocket – ground test successful, Launch 1 TBA, C – LEO Weather Balloon Platform 3 Successful Launches to 100+ Miles
27. FPOV Fight Optics and Tracking Systems with Video tracking and antenna tracking.
- 11 new works in finalization process (3-6 Months), 21 in beginning stages (12+ Months)

• Products to market
1. Commercial WiMax Base Station and Tower Repeater – UHF
2. 2 Outdoor Hazardous, hot, dry environment camera housings with cooling system, wiper, wiper fluid, self-cleaning, self-regulating, 12v and 24 v DC, solar capable.
3. 1.2 Megapixel Camera, IP, POE, GIG LAN, with wireless, and analytics options
4. 2-5 Megapixel Camera, IP, POE, GIG LAN, with wireless, and analytics options 5.
6. IP Video Server, POE, single Port, blade style, jpeg mjpeg, jeg2000, mpeg4, H264
7. Wireless and hardwired Access Control System
8. RFID, GPS, Cert of Destruction System – initially designed for DEA
9. LSX and DuraMax Fuel injection Harnesses for early model GM vehicle Conversions
10. Early C3 Corvette vacuum to electric headlight to wiper door conversion system
11. Remote Wireless Phone/Fax/Data console with RFID, Video, Access, and Alarm
12. POE Injector/Switch and non and active Balun product line designed for integrated solutions
13-17. in mid-final stage development – waiting on outside support.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:10 pm
johno wrote:
IdeaVault wrote:

I don't care what you claim to have done. I am not 100% wrong. You may disagree with my personal viewpoint on people who brag about their Imaginary Property. However, everything I said about the legal confusion regarding lumping copyrights, patents and trademarks under one umbrella is 100% correct. Since that was a significant percentage of my post, I am not 100% wrong.

If you have indeed spent years working in the "IP" business, then IMHO you are in no way qualified to run a team of people designing a moon mission. You are not an engineer or a scientist, you are just trying to make a quick buck off the work of other people. Whether that is through an investment scam, or by holding all the precious "IP" that is developed for yourself is irrelevant. Anyone who gives you money for this is a bloody idiot.

My ideas will do just fine without being locked in a vault, thanks very much.

johno

I work for a semiconductor company that has a lot of 'IP' in the form of patents and commercial private knowledge etc. We make a lot of money (multiple billions). However, the IP stuff is all handled by lawyers, not by the people invented the IP. So you can know a lot about the 'IP', and still be an engineer, but the real legal stuff is handled elsewhere.

I think Johno is rather off base saying he won't deal with people who mention IP. That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. In my (admittedly limited) experience investors are very VERY interested in IP, because that's how they protect their investment. And yes, that does cover patents, trademarks and copyright, and YES, it is a cover all term for all those things. If you are a company who perhaps wants investment or are trying to sell yourself, if you don't have a good IP portfolio then people are not interested, because, really, the IP is what is invested in. You can have some of the best ideas in the world, but without protection it's worth a lot less, because if someone can come in and copy you, they you are not a good investment.

That said, as a system, it sucks. It stifles innovation and prevents small companies from being really successful and attracting investment, especially in my area which is software (interestingly, in some of the areas IdeasVault
has some IP!)

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:56 pm
JamesHughes wrote:
I think Johno is rather off base saying he won't deal with people who mention IP. That is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

You might be right. But I've been legally mugged by that system in the past. It cost me a few years of my life to get back to where I started from. Never again.

johno

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:42 pm
how about this - if you want to talk about IP, include links to your patents.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:57 pm
Like I indicated before, the term "IP" does not always include patents, it depends on the user of the term. BUT, like with what we do, I started as and engineer and creating solutions to problems that were unique enough in their nature and methodology, etc. that you would want to find ways to keep it confidential. Then through that process, I found that there are big, I mean BIG loop holes in the way that patent protection and even in the way that it is processes, I.E. your idea is public while it is being processed. So in m 3rd patent (all 5 of the ones I ever owned were sold for start up funds for other projects) it took 9 months to get to the next step in the patent office, my app was listed for the whole world to see if you know where to look, and a big German camera company reproduced the exact same processing algorithm for wide-dynamic compensation ( to put it short ) and even found and word for word excerpt from my app in theirs. but they had a lot more money, so they produces it and put their product to market and had more experienced lawyer at writing a patent then i had the money for to pay...then we didn't have the funds to sue, etc....

So I know what it is like to be burned. in the IP areas, investment area, etc.

Also you will find trade secrets etc, classified as IP, business processes, etc. In Fact that is what investors desiring to see IP and signing those NDA's are looking for, bc if they were patented it would be public knowledge and still have value, but not necessarily the strategic advantages of certain types of IP.

So what my company does, now, after many learning lessons and investors both good and bad, and learning to be a business man in addition to an engineer, is:

1: protect my IP

2: form relationships with others who have had or are having similar problems, because a lot of IP can be very valuable, but not as unique as some might think, because of the components involved as a majority are complex and are well know individually in the public domain, this is a problem often found with software.

so we go in and make decisions and fund parts of the project's next steps, allowing the IP owner to retain 100% ownership setting them up with their own LLC,etc. and then licensing it to IdeaVault for a period of time, with a certain amount of exclusivity, or with certain features,etc, etc, etc...

example...say you had a new network camera design. it was 8Megapixel at 60fps and quad streaming and capable of a long list of on-board analytic.

we would do something like give you the funds to produce the full prototype to pre-production, then we would license the full version with all of the bells and whistles and we would have that exclusivity for 3 years...mean while they are licensing to other companies a model with a few less features, but still with enough key features that made it unique in the first place to remain market competitive, while we, with our ODM factory capabilities, produce all of the units.

sometimes we start off this way and it continues, sometimes, the engineers and thinkers do not like the business world and want out, so they ask us if we are interested, and we will buy them out, broker a sale, buy out some and bring an executive team in to run it and they site back and retire.

sometimes they just come to us and say what would you pay for it...

anyways, the point is IP is a vast business and world of development and opportunity. in fact the exact procedures of how we do as a method of business in all aspects as listed above is "IP" and we have been offered good money to sell the "VAULT" but we are still having fun and that magic # hasn't come yet.

so I am sorry you were burnt, and sadly this post has turned into the exact opposite for forming a team, but the deadline is basically here...so if anyone would like to look at a moon mission similar to the GLXP, let me know, it will not have all of the same press, etc. but if we are successful, all of that will come.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am
IdeaVault wrote:
So I know what it is like to be burned. in the IP areas, investment area, etc.

so I am sorry you were burnt,

Yet you continue to support the system. You continue to lure others into the system. I don't believe you are sorry. It's a zero sum game and most people lose.

johno

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Serious GLXP Team Opportunity...   Posted on: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:32 am
I continue to support "the system"? continue to "lure"?

Here is what I don't get...and that is that you consistently do not make any sense.

see I do nothing wrong, I help others and I make money when I do that and so do they.

In terms of the IP ownership and licensing profits...the creator makes far more than we do. We make most of our money being the manufacturer or doing the marketing etc, which that are not bound to use us.

Second, what usually happens is that many of us in the tech world, no matter what part of it, do not want any part of the business side, and we do not advertise, we do EVERYTHING via word of mouth...in other words they come to us.

we then either help with business side and other areas lacking and bring the product to market or we address offers to buy or buy part of or to broker the sale if we are not interested or cannot justify the funds for making it part of out company.

I'm mostly confused because it feels like you are saying that, I or someone should just give the money, make it all happen and have a smile on my face and get zip.

Most are happy to see their idea become something and then happy to make money off their work...

what the heck happened to you to make you so bitter and narrow minded that you lump me and my company into your narrowed definition of what you claim we are???