Community > Forum > Google Lunar X PRIZE > Deadline Team Formation

Deadline Team Formation

Posted by: obrown99 - Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 pm
 [ 9 posts ] 
Deadline Team Formation 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 pm
If anyone out there would like to compete in the GLXP and just simply do not have enough money for the $50,000 registration fee, I would like to communicate with you. It is now less than 2 months away from the December 31st deadline and there is still a possibility that you can take part in a truly world changing, historic event. Honestly, acquiring the registration fee before December 31st seems more difficult to me than reaching the Lunar surface. Whatever fraction of the registration fee you put in, you will receive that fraction of the prize money winnings back when we win. Unless someone shows me different, I think that is a fair way to go about the financials. I spent a lot of time going over the overall design and attempt, so this will not be a "from scratch" project.

Again, I'm looking for any team members and/or sponsors interested in a possible win for the Google Lunar X-Prize competition. Contact me through this forum or PM me.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 am
Hello,

My company has similar problem. Most of technological issues solved (3 very efficient and safe propulsion systems, far lighter landing gear for earth return, safer earth aerobraking system, advanced orbter to lunar transition stage system, much more robust landing system, completly new system of lunar locomotion that can overcome large obstacles, etc). But just raising money and paying 50KUSD is just part of the financial problem. Unless you have some comletelly futuristic way of propulsion (like bending spacetime or using additional dimensions) there is just no way to complete the projecct with less than 200KUSD, but probably at least 1MUSD would be needed. I'm actually not ready to start such project and pay the entry fee, before most of the funding is secured. There is just to much stress and delays involved if one must find funding afterwards in the short time until competition end. Otherwise I might be ready to join our technology with yours (maybe like creating some community or group). If we there are more technology providers, I believe finding investors will be easier.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:40 pm
Artic,

The more the merrier. I would like for you or your company to join this potential team with me. Part of the influence behind this team is value for human-life and we want to show that currency, although necessary in the modern world, isn't the most important invention that exists on Earth. Large quantities of money shouldn't be the reason people stop trying to give their gifts to the world.

Acquiring the amount needed for the fee is only important because it gives us the ability to compete in the GLXP, which is probably the greatest platform for broadcasting such a message. Understand I can't say too much about the actual design right now for confidentiality reasons, but once the team is registered information will be supplied to you and all other team members. Future BOM numbers, timelines, etc. will help alleviate some of your concerns about project financials and time dedications.

I have a meeting with some other potential collaborators on the 20th of November. If they join the team, individual costs will go down and it will give the project that much more momentum. A presentation of my plan to your company will be possible in the future. In addition to beating the other teams, getting the application in before the deadline is really the sole reason for this current unorthodox rush on team formation.

Just so I have an idea, how much of the registration fee would you or your company be willing to contribute to the overall $50k? Are you interested in being a Spokeperson for the team or using your company as the face of the team? I want to register the team before the deadline and knowing such information could help me maneuver a bit when talking with other sponsors/team members.

Just by reading your posting, it seems we have somewhat similar ways of approaching the voyage of the craft. Let me know what else you would need to proceed further with this potential collaboration. I will have additional information after November 20th.

-Omar

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 am
Dear Omar,

my company has many technologies, that could be interested for the competition. We are ready to participate in different ways. Of course being active in the whole process and joining your team is more interesting than just providing some solutions or selling technology. But my company is small and our basic field of work (welding technology) was stricken badly by the financial crisis. My company is also strictly a R&D and intellectual property company with little interest in providing actual aeronautics or spaceflight services. That means, I'm not ready to risk my company's existance by investing quite large sums, when I believe, investors needing this for their marketing or spacflight purposes, can be found.

I believe, I can find some investors, I know my company can do or help with public relations, but I'm only ready to participate if I'know the team can survive. That means, that we have funding guaranteed for the fee, for the first 6 months of work and for filing some patents.

I know you can't say too much about the design. I'm in the same position. I came across this forum because I have started a campaign for better technology transfer in space technologies. I believe that indivuduals and companies like you or us, have the best possibility of thiniking of something innovative, that could revolutionize space propultion. But it's so difficult to exchange the ideas without the risk of one party being cheated. Therefore my solution is to start a portal where technology providers would post the abstracts of their propossals. Potentional user or collaborators could browse this and stre their own (encrypted) abstracts of their current progress in the field before recieving precise information from the provider. This step is meant to protect the reader if he has already achieved proposed technology. I can see some profit possibilities for the portal providers as well.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:44 pm
Thanks for telling me the role you intend on having, makes things all the more clear. Yes, I'm creating a presentation that should help in identifying what exactly would be 'lost' due to a failed GLXP attempt. I don't want the project to fail, so the presentation will show evidence of why I believe it will survive long enough to win. Right now your thoughts show that your company could be a strong branch for the overall team collaboration and that is more good news in my opinion.

Web Portals are useful and secure communication tools, but when it comes to electronics, I'm only interested in focusing the team towards on-board systems. The portal is a side-project, so it's creation will add complexity to the team's overall operations. If the team truly needs this tool, then it will have to come into existence within a "snap' and put in place. If we don't implement it quickly, it may draw too much energy away from the main goal. Just keep hard copies of your individually patentable materials for now, or just patent them now. I expect to have a 'skunkworks' kind of operation, so individual ideas that are truly unique will be recorded as such.

I will continue to assemble the presentation to demonstrate why this potential team would be a great and obvious thing to invest time and money in. Will have more information after November 20th. Expect to apply around December 15th.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 pm
The portal I was talking about is completely unrelated. I wanted someone else to do it and profit from it. I'd just like to have a web tool like it for easier technology transfer.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 pm
If anyone would still like to try to create a team to be entered for the GLXP, just send me a message and we can talk about it.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 am
Hello All,
We are SPACE META Team ( soon www.spacemeta.com.br ) from a IT company focused in innovation called IdeaValley ( www.ideavalley.com.br ) , Based in BRASIL, a country tha have 2 and 5 degree Launch Base , and we succeed on this initial fund raise phase. We have our complete Vision about the mission, with some rupture ideas already in mind, and strong committed support from Big Universsities here and other important entities.

We have our LOI approved by the XPRIZE Foundation.

We are extremely open to receive in our Team more visionaries entrepreneurs.

We are concluding our Data Package to Sendo with the final-fee downpayment.

So, please contact-us if you feel comfortable about it and we can discuss about your participation, once we can consider your Ideas and bring you to our Team.

I m the Team Leader of SPACE META, I m connected in my Google Talk at sergio123cabral@gmail.com

Best ,,,
-- Sergio

www.idealabs.com.br

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Deadline Team Formation   Posted on: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm
Sergio,

Thanks for the reply to my message. I'm very interested in a collaborative GLXP attempt with visionary people and think that with many focused in that direction, a winning team could be formed. I will be in contact with you soon.

-Omar

http://www.NocturnalTransports.com