Community > Forum > General Corporate > If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?

If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?

Posted by: JamesG - Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 pm
 [ 10 posts ] 
If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US? 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 pm
Where would you locate?

Been going around and round with this hypothetical question and I can't make up my mind. So I though I would ask here.

So without any prompting or my critera, what are your opinions?

TIA-

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:42 pm
In close proximity to potential suppliers and/or clients. Since I don't know the focus of your hypothetical company I can't be more specific.

johno

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:12 pm
gotta say team prometheus is onto something with their texas location... austin's a tech town, there's plenty of space for dangerous testing, and there's a great launch site 2-3 hours away near an abandoned air force base.

if i were doing something small, there, if i were doing something big - silicon valley.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Mojave: that's the center of the private space biz.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 pm
Nevada.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 pm
Outside ITAR

Profile ICQ
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:20 am
That is a consideration. However, an order of magnitude bigger a jump...

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:11 am
Las Vegas, as it is outside CA and not far--to make moving easy. I'm now in Las Vegas, and will soon be incorporating Microlaunchers and doing things that cannot be done in CA.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:15 pm
Outskirts of Reno and Sparks, Nevada, because I live out here and there's a lot of desert! FAA restrictions are low, and there is even a small airport I can use.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: If you could start an aerospace tech co. anywhere in the US?   Posted on: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am
We are building our Main Facility in Louisiana and will have our own personal testing sites in Texas and Nevada each with the ability to test various vehicles as we are coming in to design and build prototype rockets, Commercial Spacecraft(Non-Rocket Design) and Rovers for research use.