Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant

John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
why would it be impossible johno? hard to believe? difficult for you to accept it could be as easy as I suggest? hard to accept the implication that nasa is a lie..
because the physics certainly allows it and much better than 1 meter res too

I've no idea where you got the idea that I wish to answer your questions or debate the flaws in your foolishness with you. Optics, radio communications, mechanical engineering, material science and many other fields are outside your areas of expertise.

johno

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:45 am
http://www.google.com/earth/index.html Its not a video but Google Earth is made from satellite photos. Yeah I can see my truck near my house =)

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 am
Akkman wrote:
http://www.google.com/earth/index.html Its not a video but Google Earth is made from satellite photos. Yeah I can see my truck near my house =)

Yeah, I use Google Earth/Moon/Mars regularly. They use airplanes for the high res pictures in certain areas of Google Earth though.

johno

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:38 am
johno wrote:
Akkman wrote:

Yeah, I use Google Earth/Moon/Mars regularly. They use airplanes for the high res pictures in certain areas of Google Earth though.

johno

Because airplanes are cheaper to run, and produce better pictures for the money. And you can stay under clouds...which is the biggest problem with space viewing of the Earth.

I really cannot see any use whatsoever for Dan's 1m Earth viewing telescope except for spying purposes, and am not even sure the technology exits to make one lightweight enough for his purposes. He's been jabbering on about it for years, but hasn't given any real insight in to why he thinks its needed or how to do it. Just because something is a 'nice to have' doesn't mean it can pay its way. We do need more space telescopes for astronomy purposes, but I think 1m is insufficient for real study.

I come to the conclusion that Dan is a complete moron of the worst kind anyway, perhaps even mentally retarded. His lack of mental ability to reason without insult, or the accept others points of views smacks of autism in some ways, which is a shame. Hopefully he will receive the medical attention he needs. In the meantime, I just skip over his posts, since they are all repeats of what he has said before anyway.

[/flame!]

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 am
I asked Dr. Yosef Bodenheimer, a former professor of physics and past president of the Jerusalem College of Technology, and he said that a satellite can see, at maximum, a magnification (he said it's not a matter of resolution, but of magnification) of one or two meters. He also said that there is no problem taking video.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
SAN, your first questions were beastly and mindless and don't deserve answers. your last one was almost a real question.

That was the part of the point, by reading your posts, you somehow seem to suspect that the answers to some of the first questions are "yes".

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm
JamesHughes wrote:
I really cannot see any use whatsoever for Dan's 1m Earth viewing telescope except for spying purposes, and am not even sure the technology exits to make one lightweight enough for his purposes. He's been jabbering on about it for years, but hasn't given any real insight in to why he thinks its needed or how to do it. Just because something is a 'nice to have' doesn't mean it can pay its way. We do need more space telescopes for astronomy purposes, but I think 1m is insufficient for real study.

I think he might want to see what the outside of his house looks like, but he's too lazy to get out of bed and walk outside. Maybe I'm being unfair and he just wants to see what he looks like from above. Maybe he wants a Gods-eye view of himself that doesn't originate from his minds eye. There are a number of cheaper easier ways to accomplish this. The BBC have developed a gyroscopically stabilised, gimballed camera which they use on the bottom of a helicopter which can take high quality images at a range of a few miles. Perhaps David Attenborough could be convinced to do a documentary about Dan. Alternatively Dan could attach a good quality digislr camera to a tethered helium ballon and take some pictures of himself that way. If he can't afford the equipment maybe he should try to get sponsorship from his local camera shop and industrial gas suppliers. I'm sure they'd be delighted to be part of such a visionary project. If that doesn't work out, he could always just hang a cheapo camera out of an upstairs window and then run downstairs and pose for a shot. If he lives in a single story building then he could just hold the camera over his head with one hand and take a shot that way. Either way, he'll get better results than he'd get from a space telescope.

To be honest though, I think he wants to convince AA to do something so that he can use his involvement in the project to pull chicks. He probably thinks that if he has something to boast about then cute girls will want to sleep with him. And it's fairly obvious to me that he doesn't get laid very often.

johno

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:53 am
I am reminded of that phrase from "Good Morning Vietnam". "You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history."

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm
apparently I've missed several posts.
so I'm a retarded autist who never gets outside yet somehow schemed to get AA to do something so I can score women with the story. all fine theories.

Supershuki, your professor is not competent in the matter at all or you misrepresent him. the commercial IKONOS satellite images at 1meter resolution from 680km up and they claim to be able to do 0.5m resolution if they could get the permission for it.

and I know all this because I'm retarded

as I'm sure I've mentioned before my little 90mm maksutov scope can resolve about 1cm resolution at 2km distance through the thick atmosphere. that means if at 200km altitude it would resolve about 1 meter resolution.
a 1 meter diffraction limited scope would have resolution about 10x better. the formula for diffraction limited resolution says 13.4cm (at 550nm wavelength which is green, resolution is wavelength dependent, all part of my retardation) resolution with a 1 meter mirror at 200km altitude.
I estimate that the atmosphere will allow resolution down to 1-2cm with a big enough aperture.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
apparently I've missed several posts.
so I'm a retarded autist who never gets outside yet somehow schemed to get AA to do something so I can score women with the story. all fine theories.

Yup, that about covers it. Excellent summary. (actually, I don't remember seeing retarded anywhere. Could be wrong)

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm
James, you wrote it: "I come to the conclusion that Dan is a complete moron of the worst kind anyway, perhaps even mentally retarded."

I had someone help me with that since I am of course retarded.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 pm
Yup, you got me. Although the phrase 'retarded' by itself has different connotations in the UK than 'mentally retarded' . Use of retarded by itself is generally an insult, whilst 'mentally retarded' is a more of a medical term.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 pm
Hi, Dan,
I don't think that you're autistic. I think that you might have some self-confidence issues. And that's not an insult- emotional and psychological issues are found much more with people who are smart. I take 9 pills a day for mental health issues. And I'm pretty smart.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 am
I am neither autistic nor have any mental problem other than stress from having to suffer this world. You could say I have a considerable ego and indeed I do but even that is not an affliction for it is not unwarranted. I am right about AA, what they are doing, what it is worth and what they could do. I have a solid grasp on optics, mechanical engineering, material properties, electrical engineering as well as what is possible with radio transmission. And computer science was my first with AI as my specialty in which I excelled. I have good understanding of politics, geopolitics and the black world and what is really going on with NASA. my understanding goes well beyond what you can even seriously debate.
You can all grow your minds like I do but not if you fight the truth.

I was right all along and you were all wrong.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: John, another 6 months have passed and AA still not relevant   Posted on: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:15 am
You are a genius at rehashing formulas you found on wikipedia. And that's about it. You've never acknowledged any of the flaws that people have pointed out in your "projects". The universe isn't like the simulated worlds you're used to dealing with. You can't tweak values in your code to make stuff work in the real world. Except that I derive a certain amount of entertainment value from laughing at you, you are a complete waste of time and resources. I'm sure those investors you spoke to about your electric car came to the same conclusions as I did.

johno

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next