Community > Forum > Education > Rocket Engineer Class Proposal

Rocket Engineer Class Proposal

Posted by: Mr. Harper - Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Rocket Engineer Class Proposal 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Rocket Engineer Class Proposal   Posted on: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm
I think it would be cool to have a class at my school which was all about propulsion and rockets. The class would be in the Engineering department, too bad I'm a media major. It would start out on smaller easy too build rockets, maybe even on kits. This would get the students engaged. Then the students would learn about the individual systems and build a slightly bigger rocket, but from scratch. Then they would move into multi stage rockets, and so on. This would all lead into a capstone project in which they would be in a group of two or more, and have certain objective along with a target altitude. An example of an objective would be something like hitting the target altitude with a multistage rocket, then recover it all and do it again within 24 hours. Then there would be a class project with a much larger rocket, that might go into orbit. Funding would be achieved through sponsors and fundraisers.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: Rocket Engineer Class Proposal   Posted on: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 pm
I would like to be a Rocket engineer, Because they have every-day new experiment.It would start out on smaller easy too build rockets, maybe even on kits. This would get the students engaged.