Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers

Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers

Posted by: Optimizer - Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:58 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers   Posted on: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:58 pm
I am trying to find rocket propulsion enthusiasts and engineers that:

1) Want to develop a unique form of propulsion that blends the design of existing commercially-viable engines. This would trade typically-valued capabilities for totally unique capabilities.

2) Want to develop commercially viable products for both ground-based / low altitude as well as space-access / launch vehicle applications.

3) Have worked for defense contractors and know the business well enough to start their own contractor.

4) Willing to run a lean and low risk operation to get to a prototype to then secure private or Govt contract financing to get to commercially viable products.

5) Are sensitive and understanding of intellectual property issues and the need to build trust between partners.

This is not a job ad. I am a 35 year old software engineer and propulsion enthusiast. I've spent many years at US defense contractors in various roles, mostly lead engineer, algorithms research, proposal writing and liaison to customers and subcontractors. I've interacted with customers within the US Army, AF, NASA and OSD. This perspective has pointed me towards one goal... starting my own technology company to do things better and faster. I know the demand for novel forms of propulsion is very strong. So the bulk of the risk is getting to a prototype/demonstration.

Anyone with similar experiences or goals?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers   Posted on: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm
google "microlaunchers" Microlaunchers is to do in space what the Altair and its kind did for computers. ML is 5th entrant for N Prize.

If curious, contact, introduce yourself.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Re: Seeking like-minded propulsion enthusiasts & engineers   Posted on: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 pm
Thanks! Very nice concept. I just sent you an email.

ckpooley wrote:
google "microlaunchers" Microlaunchers is to do in space what the Altair and its kind did for computers. ML is 5th entrant for N Prize. If curious, contact, introduce yourself.