Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Aircraft Carrier for sale

Aircraft Carrier for sale

Posted by: TJ - Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:24 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 34 posts ] 
Aircraft Carrier for sale 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:05 pm
Off-shore launch platforms will probably add to costs, recovery of vehicle difficulties and a slower turnaround time though. Still, gets reluctant/recalcitrant governments out of the way!

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:31 pm
Yes, it will get goverments out of the way but no goverment in the world would tollarate a forign (or private) missle platform in their backyard no matter what the intended purpose is.

I could just see the US bombing an private yatche becouse of precived "weapons of mass distruction". :roll:

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:22 pm
I don't know if someone where to attempt to turn that aircraft carrier into a launch platform it's only following the precedent already set by Boeing and Sealaunch.

Sealaunch is probably a better way of going about off shore launches realistically. I think that carrier would make a better nightclub/entertainment facility.

As far as costs and such go I think that for some teams there just wouldn't be any additional costs. Canadian Arrow might even save money by not needing to transport their ship from the shore to the launch platform.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:56 pm
This conversation is now over as HMS Vengeance is at this moment beached in Gugurat and being broken up. :cry:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]