Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time

Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time 
Author Message
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 pm
sigh, wake up John.


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm
Dan, I must say thank you.... for a monday morning, this amount of laughter is a great way to start the week. And jsut so my statement is clear... I am laughing at your statements and acusations.
You B*(@# and moan constantly about how AA is not doing things to your standards, yet wont lift a finger to do any of the work yourself. It is THAT kind of thinking that stalls programs and projects.

You want Armadillo to put your phenominally useless, underspecced, poorly thought out concept into orbit? then YOU build it and pay for them to build a vehicle to put it into orbit. You see that is how these systems work. you can only do so much with in house funding. however..... if you have paying customers (like the RRl and the suborbital bunnies) then you can better fund the more agressive foward moving project. How much money have you donated to Armadillo?

you seem to have no grasp for reality here Dan-O. Your talk about your telescope proves you have no concept of what you speak of. A telelscope designed to point at the ground cannot easily be made to also point at the stars with any usefullness. Two different sets of optics there. Not to mention this super light frame of yours wouldn't survive being carried to the pad, letalone the launch. How much weight are you planning on using just to protect this thing in order to get it to orbit? how much do you thing the RCS system would weigh, that would also have enough fuel to look out at the stars and back to earth at will?
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
just the simple fact that the us military have had many satellites superior to hubble and prior to hubble is clear indication that nasa is a token effort. nasa cannot be trusted. secrecy is the norm. truth is marginalized as insignificant to please the idiots in uniform and the satanists in charge.
OK Dan-O, lets remove the Tinfoil hat here for a few minutes, and reiterate the fact that you obviously have NO CONCEPT of what you speak.

Dan Frederiksen. YOU are the problem here. not AA, not NASA, not SpaceX. It is the mentality that no-body is doing it right because they aren't doing it your way, but you wont offer any ACTUAL help to solve the problem, just moan and groan and point fingers until the cows come home. Come to think of it, that sounds alot like Congress... but that is for a different topic. The point being, you are a hinderance. If you are not contributing to a solution, and believe me you currently are not, at least not on this thread, then you are contributing to the problem. so... in short:

Put up or Shut Up. Do something or go home. The world doesn't need another basement dwelling conspiracy theorist mucking up the works. If it doesn't work then fix it, don't complain about others not fixing it to your liking.

I understand that I am being crass and blunt, and that i am probably unnecessarily feeding this Troll, but well, considering he probably doesnt read these posts all the way through... I know I'm just ranting for the sake of ranting.


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:51 am
Posts: 442
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm
Wow MFL, you have said it much better than I could ever have done myself. If there was a rating system for posts on this board I would give you maximum score!

Quote:
Put up or Shut Up. Do something or go home. The world doesn't need another basement dwelling conspiracy theorist mucking up the works. If it doesn't work then fix it, don't complain about others not fixing it to your liking.

That's my personal favorite! :)

_________________
pride comes before a fall


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
avatar
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:33 pm
Posts: 51
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 pm
Dan,

Is your electric care done yet? I noticed your build log (http://www.zev.dk/log.htm) hasn't been updated since last October. Cars are easy and cheap compared to rockets, so you must be done. Have you just not updated your build log? Is it that you've signed a business deal with someone and can't release the details?


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm
fatron wrote:
Is it that you've signed a business deal with someone and can't release the details?

But that implies that he would have to keep secrets, and secrets are evil things that will doom us all :roll:

/it was just sitting there... staring at me, begging for a snarky response and I couldn't help it :)
//great post btw fatron :D more fuel to the fire


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 pm
no I don't do secrecy.
the primary critical element is money. I shopped it around various funds charged with promoting EVs but their competence was not impressive.
some of them were idea competitions. to give an example my 20 times more efficient simple inexpensive personal vehicle idea lost to a lawnmower product for golf courses whose claim to energy efficiency was that it was pulled after a combustion engine lawntractor as opposed to pushed. 11 of those old style cylinder lawnmowers you push and are powered by the spin of the wheels. a heinously inefficient design in itself and then pulled after a combustion engine lawnmower. when I asked for clarification from the judge which I expected to be the least deranged (one of the judges' stated profession was witch, I kid you not) and he said they were impressed that the product was already commercially ready. it never occured to these morons that the only thing green about the product was the lawns it cuts.
in a call for funding for energy efficient technologies from our ministry of energy, I was also given a standard refusal despite only asking for 30k$ for building a demonstrator of this revolutionary design. when pressed for a reason I was told and I quote "cars are tricky". never mind I offered to build it on a shoe string budget to help the world and I had the competence but in her bureaucratic technically inept mind it seemed overwhelming to actually have to build something.
I have applied for or participated in some 10 calls for funding or green competitions, one of which was a google green competition, and without expection the judges have been super morons. so at this point I'm resigned to the fact that you humans have to learn the hard way what peak oil is and a bit later what global warming is.

money is absolutely key in many endeavors which is why it is fantastically idiotic when in defense of AA's ineffective efforts some suggest that I should just do what I suggest instead of AA.

My financial means are fairly limited because I choose to work only a fraction of the time to free my mind for worthwhile growth.

Not that you asked out of sincerity


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
avatar
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:33 pm
Posts: 51
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm
Quote:
My financial means are fairly limited because I choose to work only a fraction of the time to free my mind for worthwhile growth.


Why are you putting your own wants ahead of the human race? I would think the more worthwhile endeavor would be to focus on earning money so you can build your car and show the world what one man with a vision can do. At very least, finish the plans for the car, then release them as open source so anyone can build one. Once you've done that, then you can free your mind for worthwhile growth.

If the real problem is that you can't hold down a job because everyone you've ever tried to work for is an idiot, learn to bite your tongue, keep your mouth shut and just do the work until you have the money you need.


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 pm
ahhh...the reasons for your near continuous beligerance and butt hurt are at least partially revealed.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
he said they were impressed that the product was already commercially ready

This, you must understand, is a HUGE deal. it means that the company that takes it on will have to spend less money before they start making money on it. If your product wasn't ready for that, then those who judged the contest looked at it, and though they may have like the concept, they knew it would take much more time and money to get it to a commercially ready state. Simply put, you went in too early and were not ready to compete.
My guess would be that the same thing applies to the other situations in which youwere not able to obtain funding or backing, in that you likely were not far enough along to justify giving you money for what they percieved as a hit or miss project. This is not me saying that your product sucks or wouldn't work. This is me saying that your product was just not ready to be scrutinized. Presentation skills are another large part of this, granted I know nothing about your presentation skills other than how you present yourself on this forum, so I will leave that alone and not make judgements based on that.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
"cars are tricky".
huge understatement. though i know the driving environment is a bit different there in Europe, I would not want to drive anything on the roads her ein the US that couldn't keep me and my passengers safe in crash under 45 mph. Saftey, though, is only one small factor in the overall system. Once you start looking into driver comfort (ergonomics rather than luxury), aerodynamics, and so forth and so on, it becomes a long and arduous process. not impossible, no, but "tricky". the most tricky part, is marketing. the vehicle could be the best damn vehicle in the world, but if the people don't want to buy it, its going to fail. yeah, reality sucks like that. But anyways...

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
money is absolutely key in many endeavors which is why it is fantastically idiotic when in defense of AA's ineffective efforts some suggest that I should just do what I suggest instead of AA.

Ok, I think you are mixing up a couple of things here. First I will agree that money is key, an unfortunate yet harsh reality. You claim that AA's efforts are ineffective... based on what data? is it not bringing them monetary income as well as practical experience? is it the ideal path? dont know, you'd have to ask them, politely of course. But sometimes you do have to play the system in order to acheive the goals that you seek. I still think that you think John is more well off than he is. Not everyone is Elon Musk, Bill Gates, or Oprah.

What I've been suggesting you do (as far as the telescope thing goes) is to design and build it, then hire AA to launch it for you. I seriously doubt they have any want or need to be building mini-spy/telescope satelites. they're in it for the launchers. Making the payload is someone elses problem.

Like I've said to you in the past, alot of people here are hostile to you because you come across very condencending with no respect for those around you. You want people to listen to you and consider your ideas, you need to show some respect for those whom you talk to. You also have to be able to take constuctive criticism, and not believe that everyone is out to get you, because we aren't.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
My financial means are fairly limited because I choose to work only a fraction of the time to free my mind for worthwhile growth
Then you are quite lucky that you are able to do that. Many (probably most) of us do not have that choice to make. I would like nothing more than to focus on my engineering projects, however I have bills to pay and a family to feed. That's just the way life goes.

Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Not that you asked out of sincerity
Relax Dan, we're not as bad of people as you seem to think we are. If you just calmed down a bit and posted with less beligerance, then you'd get the same in return. Ive seen you make polite, concise posts that furthered the thread. please continue with that.

Mike


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
avatar
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:44 am
Posts: 707
Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 12:12 pm
Given a dozen different competitions with a dozen different sets of judges, and the only constant factors being Dan and failure, I would suggest that perhaps it's time to apply Occam's razor and consider the fact that it may be you who's doing something wrong. After all, those judges, who you think are so far beneath you, were effectively given a pile of money to invest in something.

Ideas are cheap. In fact, they're worthless, simply because there's an infinite amount of them, and the more plentiful something is, the lower its price. You can not expect to be given anything in exchange for an idea.

Investors are not interested in your or anyone else's ideas. Investors are interested in getting a return on their investment. If you walk up to them and tell them that your idea is fantastic and will make the world a better place if only they give you their money, then at best they will politely decline.

If you want to have a chance, you have to walk up to them and explain how you are going to make them richer, in detail (that's called a business plan). In the case of a government grant, you will have to write up a plan on how you are going to contribute to the government's policy goals. Hint: generally, having more people working in their garages building cars is not a government goal. Explain how your project will provide green jobs, improve the economic strength of your country's technology sector, and make politicians look good.

Read the request for proposals, think about what it is that they want, and then figure out how you can give that to them while also (partially) achieving your own goals. The customer is always right (as long as they're paying at least).

Aside from the quality of your proposal, judges and investors will also look at your track record. Show them that you are the kind of person who will get down to work and get things done, and not the kind of person who is always talking about their next big idea but never actually makes anything happen. After all, the investors will only get their profit if you can actually finish the project.

Would you give your money to someone who claims to only work a little bit now and then so that they can spend more time on personal growth? Or would you give it to someone who works very hard to successfully combine a family and two profitable companies?

Perhaps your next project could be a more efficient technique for spiritual growth? You come across rather arrogant, condescending and acrimonious for someone who spends so much of his time on improving himself.

_________________
Say, can you feel the thunder in the air? Just like the moment ’fore it hits – then it’s everywhere
What is this spell we’re under, do you care? The might to rise above it is now within your sphere
Machinae Supremacy – Sid Icarus


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm
I am not wrong Lourens


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 1:14 pm
Nor are you right


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
avatar
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:44 am
Posts: 707
Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 2:11 pm
In the real world, being right and winning the argument are correlated, but not equivalent. I can't tell if you're wrong, I've never seen your designs in enough detail to have an opinion on whether they will work.

But if you read carefully, you'll note that I didn't say you were wrong. I was saying that you were doing something wrong. Think about the difference for a while.

_________________
Say, can you feel the thunder in the air? Just like the moment ’fore it hits – then it’s everywhere
What is this spell we’re under, do you care? The might to rise above it is now within your sphere
Machinae Supremacy – Sid Icarus


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
User avatar
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 160
Location: Ireland
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 pm
Lourens wrote:
In the real world, being right and winning the argument are correlated, but not equivalent. I can't tell if you're wrong, I've never seen your designs in enough detail to have an opinion on whether they will work.

He doesn't have any designs for his telescope. He expects others to do that work for him. I'm sure he would blame those other volunteers when the project failed, because they were not worthy of being his followers. His car design is flawed in numerous ways so I wouldn't expect anything worthwhile if he did try to design a telescope anyway. One positive outcome might be that he would realise the true difficulty of the task, or at least other people would have a solid baseline to explain to him why it won't work. I have already tried to explain this to him but it was a waste of time.

johno


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 pm
johno, you hit the nail right on the head with that post. Probably the only thing he will ever excell in at life is annoying people and turning everyone against him, despite their efforts to the contrary.

johno wrote:
I have already tried to explain this to him but it was a waste of time.

You're not the only one either. Over the last few days i've tried to hold a civil conversation with him via PM.... yeah wasn't going to happen apparently.

Hey Danny-boy! Your Proctologist called, said he found your head. Apparently it's in too deep to remove. You might want to get back to him on it.

[/snark]


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Thu May 13, 2010 6:23 pm
how civil


Back to top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests


cron
© 2014 The International Space Fellowship, developed by Gabitasoft Interactive. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use