Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time

Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time 
Author Message
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm
I know it's been stated and many of you hate me for it but as the years go by I'm hoping it will eventually dawn on you that I am right. so once in a while I'll repeat the state of the situation in the hopes that we will see some change in direction that matters.

space rocketry is an expensive endeavor yet despite govs of the world spending hundreds of billions AA was started because they felt govs were doing it wrong. AA doesn't quite realize that's why they did it but it is.

so will flying rocket planes to wow sarah palin voting nascar crowds serve that purpose?
will bouncing wealthy clueless people up and down to see the sky above become dark for a few seconds do that?
if the excuse that those are stepping stones to what really matters is even valid, then how many decades of our lives will pass before something that really matters will be done?

I hold it to be self evident that RRL and rocket jumping will do nothing to satisfy the desire for true progress we all have.

but an ultra lean orbital rocket for feather weight satellites with lovely live HD video of the earth or light weight 1meter telescopes for looking up and down would. all of which would be quite cheap and profitable.

nothing but orbit will do (except for a partial exception of ultra fast long distance space plane ballistic flights)

we have passed 10 years of AA so far with nothing that really matters. how long before even the first rocket jumping can begin? and then how long before work begins on something that actually matters? decade? two?

how long do we live? can we afford to be this stupid?

think people. your lives depend on it


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm
ahhhhh... well, I'll take the plunge and respond to this. Why the hell not...lol.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
so will flying rocket planes to wow sarah palin voting nascar crowds serve that purpose?
will bouncing wealthy clueless people up and down to see the sky above become dark for a few seconds do that?

If you open your eyes for a second, then you would see that yes, they are in fact an effective means to an end. As these project provide not only experience in production techniques allowing for more refined designs (among other things), but they also provide a much needed source of income for the company. You may not like the RRL or bouncing tourists, but are you willing to fund Armadillo what they would lose by giving up these ventures? you may not find these tasks 'glamourous' but they do serve a very functional purpose.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
if the excuse that those are stepping stones to what really matters is even valid, then how many decades of our lives will pass before something that really matters will be done?
are the snide comments really that necessary? Again the much used response comes up again: What have you done to reach this lauded goal of yours? What's that? Nothing? Well then. Put up or shut up. And you wonder why people don't like you.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
I hold it to be self evident that RRL and rocket jumping will do nothing to satisfy the desire for true progress we all have.
I adamently disagree with you assertion. First of all, this statement is in no way "self-evident." The reasosn being, as I have stated before, is that it provides much needed experience not jsut in rocket building but eventual production techniques and product refinement that you would not get from just pure R&D and that would be too costly to learn on much larger projects. Remove the blinders from your eyes Dan, and you will see that a strait and narrow approach to a program as complicated as rocketry, ESPECIALLY one with orbital goals cannot be bound as tightly as you would suggest and still succeed.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
but an ultra lean orbital rocket for feather weight satellites with lovely live HD video of the earth or light weight 1meter telescopes for looking up and down would. all of which would be quite cheap and profitable.
What you are suggesting can be done easier, cheaper and more reliably with a balloon rig. using a rocket for this is pointless, overly expensive, and would hardly be profitable. Who would pay for it?
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
nothing but orbit will do (except for a partial exception of ultra fast long distance space plane ballistic flights)

Such a narrow viewpoint..... Quite sad really.
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
we have passed 10 years of AA so far with nothing that really matters. how long before even the first rocket jumping can begin? and then how long before work begins on something that actually matters? decade? two? how long do we live? can we afford to be this stupid?
think people. your lives depend on it
Again with the pointless scathing comments. You want to talk about being stupid? how about the amount of waste produced by industrial nations each day? how about the self-destructive government beauracarcies prevalent in todays world? how about the facination and over idolization with celebrities and the high focus on Vanity and Entitlement? those things are stupid. Your berrating of others when you yourself have not done anything to achieve the goals to force upon others is stupid.
Remove the blinders from your eyes Dan, see the world around you and listen to those with common sense, true vision, and the grit to attempt their goals and dreams. Your point of view and train of thought is so narrow it's a wonder you accomplish anything.See? I can be scathing and derrogitory as well.

:) This was fun. To anyone else wanting to respond and reading this: Think that an intelligent response will be given by Dan?


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:30 am
Posts: 213
Location: USA
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm
Quote:
Nothing here is what it seems. He is not the plucky hero. The Alliance is not an evil empire. This is not the grand arena–
And that's not incense.


Sorry it seemed to fit.


Back to top
Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
avatar
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Webster, TX
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Wed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm
ROFLMFAO

Dude, that was awesome.


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
avatar
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm
Dan,

Why don't you follow SpaceX instead? They seem to be a better fit to what you want to see than Armadillo atm. They have the big money and want to bring down the cost of lifting to LEO and beyond.


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am
JRG, you would think so, they've skipped so far ahead of AA that not only did they achieve orbit but heavy payload orbit.
the reason they are not really interesting is that they have even less revolutionary backbone than AA. Elon Musk is a douche more than willing to be part of the do nothing establishment as he has become.
AA also seem to forget why they exist in the first place but I can fight for it. Just maybe John will wake up and see just how angry he should be at the establishment and gain the clarity to fight it effectively instead of being distracted with things that will never really matter such as RRL and tourist rocket jumping.

I guess I should also have the courage to say that you probably have to think that nasa is likely part of a ufo cover up to make the need for revolution clearer. even though many of you will be very vocal because actual independent thought angers you. even if ufos aren't real we have to have uncompromising furious drive to change the status quo in ways that actually matter. and that is to really embarrass nasa by matching or exceeding what they do on a super small budget. for instance putting up an ultra light space telescope that does several things hubble couldn't.
keep in mind that the hubble had only a 1024x1024 pixel imager and couldn't even do a true color image.
think about how light a 1meter mirror can be, the thin carbon beams to hold the 1gram 20MP cmos imager and radio circuit, looking down on earth with live video in higher resolution than any satellite mapping image you have ever seen or live video of a bigger brighter mars than nasa has ever provided even in stills. pan it over to see the ISS go buy with utmost clarity and look at all the other satellites in orbit that are secret. you will find several that look much like hubble but that noone speaks of. maybe even some illegal treasonous weapons platforms. and the universities would pay for it for its telescope time, cnn for live view time, mapping companies for terrestrial mapping and you all would be rivetted to the live feed despite your thoughtless opposition to what I say here. you would love it.


Back to top
Profile
Space Walker
Space Walker
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:30 am
Posts: 213
Location: USA
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm
Build it. No really. The 1m telescope, imager, and radio equipment should be within your budget and means. Even a balloon test or two should be affordable. The attitude control and gyros are a bit trickier but once you have the telescope built it will be easier to talk to people about launching it.

It would not even be a waste if you can't get a ride to space. At 1m it would be a heck of an amateur scope. You should be able to track the ISS and other targets from your back-yard with it.

If you really believe what you say you do then it would be worth it to spend your life on the project and save up for a ride as a partial payload on a rocket. Once you have it built and tested I am sure there are others who would chip in to pay for the ride. But until you have hardware or money nobody cares what you think. Sad? maybe. But nigh on universally true anyway.


Back to top
Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 8:20 pm
Daniel, I should do all that, at substantial expense and time and an endeavor that would lead to nothing, just to cater to people's aversion to think?
you would rather suggest that than realize I am right. you would sooner waste my life than think.


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
avatar
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 9:39 pm
Dan,

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here. Is your end goal here a video camera so you can watch for any secrets in space? It sounds like it. But anyway what will a live feed from space accomplish? It's a novelty at best and not something that will advance our knowledge in space significantly.

Is SpaceX truly revolutionary in any way? Absolutely not, but they have added something extremely valuable, decrease in cost. Hopefully they will get more competition in the future so we can see even greater cost reductions. Plus as you said, they are on the verge to provide heavy lifting to LEO with Falcon 9 and Falcon 9 Heavy. They might also be the ones that will take us out of orbit in the future and that is time wise overdue for humanity.

Armadillo might get there in the end but in the real world you need tons of money to succeed, and they solve that by doing much slower/lower cost iterations of their vehicles and taking opportunity of business proposals like RRL and Space Adventures on the way.


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm
JRG, you fail because you don't make the effort to understand.
I listed several purposes.
and it would only be a very important first step. and it wouldn't be that expensive. it would cost a lot less than the passanger bouncing they plan.
the low weight is key that makes it a brilliant holistic choice.
and its capability would send shockwaves around the world.
just the spysats it could spot would be huge. all the US sats that are stronger than hubble. maybe 100. the russians probably have a similar amount. china, uk, france, israel, india. there might well be hundreds of sats upthere substantially better than the hubble. some of them might well point out and not down. might be a few satellites with configuration that makes no sense because their means of operation is unknown. might see fancy ultra high resolution interferometers or exotic instrument using physics not publically known. just the simple fact that the us military have had many satellites superior to hubble and prior to hubble is clear indication that nasa is a token effort. nasa cannot be trusted. secrecy is the norm. truth is marginalized as insignificant to please the idiots in uniform and the satanists in charge. we need honesty in space and this could provide such a first step. or at least make them show their colors through the objection to such a plan.
think


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
avatar
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 10:44 pm
I don't fail because "I don't make an effort to understand", I just don't share your views. The problem for you is that you can not back up your claims with any forms of evidence anyway so it's actually just a figure of your imagination. Therefor completely pointless for me to discuss it with you.


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Denmark
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 pm
http://nro.gov/


Back to top
Profile
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
avatar
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Sun May 09, 2010 11:42 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
http://nro.gov/

Yeah, that proves everything... pfft


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
User avatar
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:47 am
Posts: 521
Location: Science Park, Cambridge, UK
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 am
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
Daniel, I should do all that, at substantial expense and time and an endeavor that would lead to nothing, just to cater to people's aversion to think?
you would rather suggest that than realize I am right. you would sooner waste my life than think.


I'm confused. You say in one post that you want to launch a ultra light space telescope, and yet, in this post you say it would lead to nothing. Isn't that contradictory to your argument?

Also, you keep saying you are 'right' but so far I have no real idea of what you think you are 'right' about? I think you are right that people would like to have a real time imaging system (but would they pay for it? ). However, the people you are slating for not doing this stuff (AA and SpaceX) would have no reason to put this up - there is no cost benefit - who would pay for the images? Most people are happy with Google Earth which is free.

One last point - please remember that AA have spend about $3mil so far to get where they are. SpaceX have spent about $150mil (figures out of date but you get the idea). That's is why SpaceX have heavy lift to orbit (almost)and AA have their smaller VTVL system. Different purposes, different amounts of money spent. That said, AA now run in the black (because of the RRL contract), whilst SpaceX are still spending money faster than it comes in. That will change however. I think SpaceX are going to pull in a LOT of money in the future. As will Armadillo, but they need to be more careful as they don't have as much cash sloshing around as Musk.


Back to top
Profile
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
User avatar
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:51 am
Posts: 448
Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth
Post Re: Do we live forever that we can afford to waste time   Posted on: Mon May 10, 2010 8:29 am
From the looks of it, I would say that you (Dan) will live forever, because quite obviously you CAN afford to waste your time - with pointless accusations of others on the internet.

_________________
pride comes before a fall


Back to top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


© 2014 The International Space Fellowship, developed by Gabitasoft Interactive. All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy | Terms of Use