Community > Forum > Technology & Science > Motion induction propulsion engines

Motion induction propulsion engines

Posted by: inventor - Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 am
 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Motion induction propulsion engines 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 pm
inventor wrote:
The concept with the jack hammers it not completely clear but I think you may have the idea.

The point i was trying to make with the jackhammers is that it wouldn't work. otherwise, you'd see people using them as personal jetpacks to get around.

here is something else i was wondering though.... in the combustion model... what would you have done with the exhaust gasses?

and there is another point of contention about the gun concept (Please, oh please never ever attempt to test that.)the gasses from the combustion even have to go somewhere, period.

and johno is right, momentum (p) is equal to a mass (m) times a velocity (v)
or p=mv, with units of kg*m/s
and force (F) is equal to mass (m) times an accelleration (a) or F=ma with units of kg*m/(s^2)

take a look at this article on the conservation of linear momentum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum#C ... r_momentum
now, some of this is a little above me at this time of the morning, but i'm sure if you read through it and have questions, there are those here who would be willing to help you understand it.

much like Newton's Cradle (referenced in that article) it is more proof that a motion induction engine as proposed would not work.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 am
I intend to build the CMIE, manufacture and sell them, you will see them on the market in the near future.

You guys don't know as much as you think you know.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:07 pm
You better change the name of your machine before you look for investors. Even the most clueless of them will google it and find this thread, and all the details explaining why it doesn't work.

johno

Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 pm
Also, don't publish drawings or discuss things you want to patent.

Profile ICQ YIM
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm
Mach's principle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach%27s_principle

Mach-Lorentz effect:

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index. ... ach=194585

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 pm
idiom wrote:
Also, don't publish drawings or discuss things you want to patent.

I have already applied for patents for both these engines.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am
inventor wrote:
I intend to build the CMIE, manufacture and sell them, you will see them on the market in the near future.

You guys don't know as much as you think you know.

I'd really like to buy one of your machines. How many have you sold and how much do they cost?

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/reactionlessdrive.php

johno

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm
Unless you could extend a particle accelerator ahead of the craft and spool it up to near c then use to pull, and shed its momentum before the stroke is finished..... like a space oar.... I see a very complicated way to make a cocktail mixer.....

This thread gets life while my plasma bubble and thermite thermolosis fuel cell threads go the way of the dodo ....

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 pm
Well, this subject is much easier, it's immediately obvious that it can't work, and since everyone can see that, we can all join in the conversation. Your idea is a more subtle, it touches on some pretty advanced topics and it would take quite a bit more knowledge than I have at least to contribute something to that discussion.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:25 am
Sigma wrote:
This thread gets life while my plasma bubble and thermite thermolosis fuel cell threads go the way of the dodo ....

You want us to mock and deride you and your ideas?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 pm
Sorry, I have been frustrated lately. I have alot of ideas and a little money... but no time or facility. I used to have a friend with a machine shop but I moved to california. I don't get to talk to anyone about science because people mostly don't care. So I post here.

I made a pip boy with foward facing 8x optics and flashlight that is made from a Sony Xperia play, but aside from that I dont get many chances to tinker. Even down to the interface....

Android rocks.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 pm
I hate to beat a dead horse but since were talking about "force/momentum/inertia/energy ect..." I've always wondered if an object is not stopped but instead it's direction is altered are the two forces equal?
I.e. a 10 lb bowling ball is pushed down a 10 foot tube. It accelerates to 10mph in 1 foot. For 7 feet rolling drag and air drag slow it down. The last 2 feet (linear)it travels in a 90 degree curv but does not stop. How much force in the EXACT OPPOSITE direction is exerted and how can that be calculated?

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:01 am
Newton's 3rd law of motion.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 am
Sigma,
Enroll in a community college and learn how to machine shop. It's a useful skill.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Motion induction propulsion engines   Posted on: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 am
johno wrote:
Re: Motion induction propulsion engines
My patience is running thin so I'm only going to say this one more time.

inventor wrote:
I expect the forward force of a bullet to be a whole lot greater than the recoil of the gun.

You're wrong.

inventor wrote:
Because of a certain effect, I named the effect “force polarization”. Which would you say have the greater force when the gun is fired, the gun or the bullet or would you say both have equal force?

It is incorrect to say that either of them have force. They have momentum. The momentum is calculated by multiplying their mass by their velocity, so the units are expressed as kgm/s. Both the gun and the bullet have equal momentum, this is an established scientific fact, proven through countless experiments. If the bullet weighs 10 grams and the gun weighs 5000 grams, the bullet will be moving at 500 times the speed of the gun. We have already explained this to you and given you links to learn more. It is an elementary principle of physics. Funnily enough it's also the principle behind the rocket engine. If your invention will work then rocket engines can't work, but rocket engines do work. I guess that means yours doesn't.

If you are aged somewhere between 12 and 16 then your mistakes are understandable, but you have alluded that you are an adult with your talk of patents and prototypes and such. I tried to design perpetual motion machines when I was a child, and I learned a lot of science by failing at it, so I can't fault you for that. Ranting about your own particular hunches and theories that contradict established truths just makes you look foolish though. I have spent a lot of time trying to show you where you are going wrong but you are unwilling to listen.

johno

1—How is momentum not force?

2—Does explosive force polarization exists or doesn’t it exist? Do you mean, if a boiler bursts and the steam energy flows out into the surrounding area its not because the earths atmospheric pressure is lower than the boiler’s internal pressure.
Do you mean, --In the car engine’s combustion cylinder the piston is not the path of lease resistance for the combustion explosion and so the explosive force does not expand in the direction of the piston.
Do you mean, the heat energy from hot water does not flow into cold water? Do you mean, that is not the direction of the energy?

3—How does an object that is not moving have momentum? Would the gun have momentum even thought its not moving but only the bullet is moving, really! Maybe if there is no brace (person holding the gun) that is opposing force, both objects would travel in either direction; “explosive force polarization”.

4—Things don’t necessarily work in the real world as they work in a set up experiment.
Imagine a completely closed cylinder with a little fuel and air inside it and the fuel is somehow ignited. Would the cylinder move? Suppose this test is done again but a small stone is also placed inside the cylinder and the fuel ignited. Would the cylinder move? If there is any imbalance in the distribution of the explosive force within the cylinder it will move.

--Don’t get me wrong f=ma is correct but you have to be careful when you apply it.

--I don’t mind looking foolish or even being thought of as a fool as long as I know my hunches and theories are more likely to be true than scientific presumptions that is put forward by many persons as established truths. You, don’t think my theory about vehicles traveling at light speed is better than that given by university physicists?

--And there is a multitude of scientific knowledge put forward by science that I do accept to be true, just not all of them and not in all situations, and many ideas I put forward are additions to those truths not contradictions. As “explosive force polarization” is an addition to F=ma not a contradiction.
--You and none of the other members have showed clearly why the CMIE would not work, what I get is a lot of scientific jargon without any real subjective application of them to this engine. Tell me clearly and in simply terms and apply them.