Community > Forum > Google Lunar X PRIZE > GLXP Forum Locked Down?

GLXP Forum Locked Down?

Posted by: Monroe - Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 pm
 [ 11 posts ] 
GLXP Forum Locked Down? 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 pm
How weird is that? The GLXP Froum was closed out sometime after midnight last night.
It looks like the staff has closed it for good! There is a message there from the staff inviting someone elce to start a new Forum for the GLXP and they will link to it? How strange is that?

Here is the post http://www.googlelunarxprize.org/forum- ... php?t=1821

Monroe
Team Prometheus

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 pm
I've contacted Amanda Stiles with the offer to host it and waiting for her reply.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:23 pm
Great Sigurd!
I hope they go for it!

Monroe

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:06 pm
Yes,
I do think the same. We undestand why they have locked down the forum. This is a good place to host GLXP forum.
My best,
Joshua

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 am
Joshua,

I will look forward to seeing your video of the picorover surviving 150C. It is too bad a single (unwisely chosen) moderator had to ruin the GLXP forums. Now we will not be able to learn what simplex thought of your amazing idea to use a low cost ("homemade") launch to get a 500g picorover to the moon.

I have been thinking about the issue, though, of what happened. This relates to team Selene being led in China by a German guy.

I realize now that communism was actually invented by German guys. Then it occured to me why communism is plagued by its characteristic censorship practices. German guys like to think of themselves as big scientists and intellects, so they do not want their celebrated ideas to be disproved or contradicted. So it actually turns out to be German guys in China who are leading the communist censorship program. :shock:

I think the Chinese need to get off of the tea (caffeine source) and stop letting German guys run their censorship programs for them. :lol: In other words, first German guys export communism to a country like China, then they start running a censorship program to avoid contradiction! :oops:

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:01 pm
Welcome to the Space Fellowship guy's
Actually this was the original Ansari X-Prize site thats how this fellowship got started. It is an international deal I totally see where you are coming from but lets not forget that here so we don't have the same problems.
Again Welcome! I'm glad to see you guy's here. I also wanted to know what Simplex was going to say :)

Monroe
Team Prometheus

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm
cal wrote:
Joshua,

I have been thinking about the issue, though, of what happened. This relates to team Selene being led in China by a German guy.

I realize now that communism was actually invented by German guys. Then it occured to me why communism is plagued by its characteristic censorship practices. German guys like to think of themselves as big scientists and intellects, so they do not want their celebrated ideas to be disproved or contradicted. So it actually turns out to be German guys in China who are leading the communist censorship program. :shock:

I think the Chinese need to get off of the tea (caffeine source) and stop letting German guys run their censorship programs for them. :lol: In other words, first German guys export communism to a country like China, then they start running a censorship program to avoid contradiction! :oops:

Communism necessarily leads to dictatorship because it is based upon faulty reasoning. It assumes that there can be people who rule who wil be benevolent enough to "distribute the wealth" properly. Additionally, it assumes that people will want the government to redistribute their wealth for the greater good. Humans actually function according to their self-interests. In fact, Lenin fully expected that the whole world would embrace communism once it was demonstrated in Russia. It didn't turn out that way . . .

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 pm
Monroe,

Yes, I hope simplex will join us. If you see someone doing a lot of mathematical calculations of rocket behaviors, then we know simplex is back! :D

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:25 pm
cal wrote:

I'm letting my own prejudices show here by assuming that you're not simply a troll, but WHAT? If that is any kind of valid reasoning, then I could argue that, since Dick Cheney thinks that Hugo Chavez is the president of Peru, and George W. Bush can't tell Slovenia and Slovakia apart, and the American public let them into the White House, and then let them stay for another four years, all Americans must be stupid and ignorant about anything happening outside of the USA, and so therefore the lack of scientific progress in Sub-Saharan Africa is entirely to blame on the American public. And then I could add as supporting evidence that you apparently don't know that the Chinese drink mainly non-oxidised tea varieties (green, oolong, jasmine), which barely contain any caffeine at all.

Or, I could just print out your post and bring it to work tomorrow, and have a good laugh at your expense together with my American, German and Chinese colleagues...

(With apologies to the mods for going off-topic and fanning the flames.)

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm
Yes, you should try bringing it to work.

P.S. I did not quite get what you were saying before that.

The Google Lunar X PRIZE forum was ruined by a German guy leading a team in China, who started vandalizing posts and banning members who contradicted him. This is the typical communist policy. That's what got me thinking on this. Then I realized it was very profound, and so I thought I would share it at this forum questioning why the GLXP forum was locked down.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: GLXP Forum Locked Down?   Posted on: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:04 pm
I looked in on that forum from time to time, just as I still check in here, often but quietly.

I hope that the nuts from the GLXP don't ruin this one.

Profile YIM