Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > Who's GOING to the Launch?

Who's GOING to the Launch?

Posted by: kwhawk - Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:28 pm
 [ 16 posts ] 
Who's GOING to the Launch? 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Who's GOING to the Launch?   Posted on: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:28 pm
That was soooooo nice of them to list all of the hotels in Mojave!
I will be there! :D :D :D

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:04 pm
:x i'd go if i lived on the west coast, but i don't so i can't. :cry:

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:17 pm
At least u live on the same continent!

Why does the US have to be so damn far from almost everywhere else :evil:, I DEFINITELY can't go :cry:

Don't suppose anyone's got any spare plane tickets to the US lying around :D

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:34 pm
Nova wrote:
At least u live on the same continent!

Why does the US have to be so damn far from almost everywhere else :evil:, I DEFINITELY can't go :cry:

Don't suppose anyone's got any spare plane tickets to the US lying around :D

coming to a landing strip near you in about five years (god i hope so lol) :D

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post I'm going!   Posted on: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:58 pm
javascript:emoticon(':lol:')I'm gonna be there! :lol: :lol: :lol: For all those who don't live in S. California: I pity you poor suckers!

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 pm
Terra: While not nearly as exciting as a trans sonic suborbital arc...I think jets fly out here all the time... Surely either you or Sigrud must witness the event if for no other reason then to accuratly report the event on the Blog. Um right? I am taking my kids to see a little hisory upclose and personal. I still remember watching the Enterprise glide in for a landing (I was 14) and there is just no way I'm missing this.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:15 pm
kwhawk wrote:
Terra: While not nearly as exciting as a trans sonic suborbital arc...I think jets fly out here all the time... Surely either you or Sigrud must witness the event if for no other reason then to accuratly report the event on the Blog. Um right? I am taking my kids to see a little hisory upclose and personal. I still remember watching the Enterprise glide in for a landing (I was 14) and there is just no way I'm missing this.

LOL, sorry kwhawk, TerraMrs can't go.. and I can't go..
I'm not living at the other side of the USA.. but I'm living in Europé (Belgium, north of Antwerp).
I'm a business owner and I can't just put all work down to go to almost the other side of the world to visit such an event.
I'm sure other people will report the event and we'll link to their stories.
Keep in mind "everyone" is welcome to join the blog as reporter.. as TerraMrs, SpaceCowboy etc.. did.. we're no diffrent than you..

And I neither think you can say one of us "must" go.. TerraMrs is a student also SpaceCowboy.. and you can't expect that they just can spent hundreds of us$ to go to an event.
And for me.. I'm young and working.. to keep my own (& brothers) company running, no time for a vecation. I have to train 2 new programmers...

But I think some students close to the xprize organization, as example the one who "created" the idea of the xcup and some other xprize organization volentiers can tell me after it how it was in MSN Messenger or AIM.. I'll report everything I'll get :)

SuperShuki, kwhawk..., if you go to the event.. you're welcome to write anything about it... If you send me a private message on this forum, I can give you acces to the blog so you can post your story as soon you get acces to any internet connection after the event.

After the xprize is won.. I'll have to pass anyway the administration of the blog to someone else.. I have other things to do.. the 3D Computer game we're working on is nearing it's final +- 6 months.. so as also Lead Programmer.. i'll scale back my xprize acitivites to forum reading and moderation.. (so everyone willing to join as XPrize blog reporter, send me a private message, help is needed). (and i'll see what time I can get free to follow up the progress on the blog.. but can't promise anything)

XPrize blog could use some new site design.. with more info pages I can store on my free.fr webspace, but for that.. I need help... unlimited time is not on my side...
For the xprize blog design (kinda wanne expand the website to an xprize online community center.. I may orgenize an artist competition on http://www.cgtalk.com/ but again.. I can use some more people to orgenize it ;)
Anyway, I got also some other ideas I'm working on... but not going to make it public right now.. (but can use some help with it :p)

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:07 pm
According to RLV News blogger Clark Lindsey, "I hear that the motels in the Mojave area were quickly booked solid for the SS1 flight and I know of at least one hangar that will be packed with people."

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:07 am
The Legionnaire wrote:
According to RLV News blogger Clark Lindsey, "I hear that the motels in the Mojave area were quickly booked solid for the SS1 flight and I know of at least one hangar that will be packed with people."

Hrmph. That explains why the Econo-Lodge and the Motel 6 didn't have any rooms.... And the nearest town's an hour's drive away... Blech.

Anybody driving in from Bakersfield? :mrgreen:

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Post    Posted on: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:13 am
Well I am gunna be in Fiji around about then... maybe I can figure out a lay over... yeah in mojave... My Agent will freak.

Profile ICQ YIM
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:31 pm
Got my ticket. Packing my bags; Will be out there Saturday. :D
This should be a great time.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:25 pm
Being that I'm still in college, I don't have enough money to travel from Seattle to Mojave. But I'm there in spirit! It is so exciting. I will be salivating over my computer waiting for news/results/footage(?).

I am so excited for what the folks at each of the teams are achieving and I wish SS1 a safe and exciting flight. =)

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:30 pm
Quote:
I will be salivating over my computer waiting for news/results/footage(?).

Don't forget, CNN is broadcasting it live, so you won't even need a computer really.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post spaceship one   Posted on: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:00 pm
I'd love to be able to be in mojave in person, but I'll definately be there in spirit! :D Anybody know if there will be a live internet stream?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: spaceship one   Posted on: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:20 pm
maraudr wrote:
I'd love to be able to be in mojave in person, but I'll definately be there in spirit! :D Anybody know if there will be a live internet stream?

If you have a television you better put it on.. cnn will cover it live ;)

For live internet streaming, msn promised to stream it live on the internet already.
http://video.msn.com/launch.htm?c=live&t=live

Alan boyle wrote it at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5236958/

Profile WWW