Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > How many years John

How many years John

Posted by: Dan Frederiksen - Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
How many years John 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 pm
SpacexULA wrote:
Ok, I have had my fun. Electric cars have ZERO to do with Armadillo Aersospace. I realize this thread is about your EGO, and by bringing up your Power Point Project you prove it..

Thank you! Had a good laugh

Profile ICQ
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:16 am
I feel sort of bad for messing with Dan yesterday. The more I messed with him the more it seemed to me that he's not trolling the forum, but believes what he is saying and that he is right. Most likely it is one of those disorders that makes you very intelligent, but gives you horrible social skills. Unfortunately, if his people skills are the same in real life as they are here, he'll never be able to reach is full potential. He'll finish his electric car, then not be able to understand why no one wants to buy it. His inability to empathize with others and see things from a different point of view lead's him to say others are unintelligent - probably a defense mechanism he developed to help cope with people who have differing opinions.

I say we give Dan a break, try to understand him, and get back to talking about the LLC.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am
fatron, you're not sorry, you just keep doing the same mindless trolling.
Here's a few quotes from Einstein. He seemed to have the same disorder

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

And if the stress of dealing with the stupidity of man doesn't kill me first there's a decent chance I will eclipse even Einstein. I suggest you start to apply your mind. One day you will be held accountable for your choices, especially those that oppose the righteous.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm
I honestly don't think those 2 quotes are applicable in this situation.

There's a gap between what Einstein said, and you calling people idiots, and it's way larger than Limfjorden!

Profile ICQ
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm
We had a team meeting last night after testing and officially decided to double the length of time for orbital development. Sorry, Dan. I hope we haven't wasted too much of your life.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 pm
Matthew, I take it that it was just spite and not the truth?
I hope John will have greater wisdom than that

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:27 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:

EIther he's pulling your chain or they know way more about rockets than you do.

And either one works for me. :twisted:

"We can lick gravity, but the paperwork is overwhelming" -- Werner Von Braun
"It's all fun and games until the potato chips get loose." (said of the ISS by Gizmodo on space.com)
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
A journey of a hundred thousand miles begins with lots of flames, noise and smoke!" -- Emory Stagmer

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:

Dan, come on, do you not understand the difference between orbital and suborbital?

Suborbital can be 0 kph forward speed at 100km height. You can get there at 5kph in a balloon, or at Mach 1-2 on a rocket.

Orbital is Mach 25-35 forward and at the very least 100km height. There is a HUGE difference in the reuqired energy. But of course Mach 25 and 100km will likely not even give you 1 full orbit.

The fact that 1 of the AA team even responded to you shows what a small operation they are. Go flame on a forum about ULA and see how long it takes for a VP to respond to you.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:30 pm
Hi Dan,

- If read through some of your post on http://www.diyelectriccar.com and i'm still searching where the genius part is in you design besides it's geniusly uncomfortable for most people... but i might be wrong. Please point me out

- AS i understand you applied for some sort of funding, how and where did you do that? I'm quite interested, could you post your request/plans somewhere, at least, I guess if you apply for funding you have to come up with detailed plans and numbers. Or did you send those fancy drawings and said "give me the money!!"

sorry i went off topic, i know i should ave posted this on http://www.diyelectriccar.com, but he, i like it here much better :)

Thanks Dan

Cheers,

c.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John.   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 pm
Emory, you might also think that Nasa with all its money and experience would know more about rockets than John did yet at some point he figured he could do better despite his relatively insignificant means. He sort of knows things are not quite what they should be in the world but he doesn't yet see how bad it is and I'm trying to make him see it. If he could, given his ability and means, he could really make a difference.

The incompetence of Nasa was the declared motivation for creating AA. I believe it says so on the website albeit in weaker terms. You can go look. Either way, it works for me : )

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 pm
culture, perhaps using 20 times less energy than a normal small car is the genius part. All the while using far fewer batteries than normal EVs yet still able to do 0-100km/h in 4 seconds. if you can grasp that, I can tell you more

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm
Well, the genius part is still not very clear to me; forklift truck motor, standard\fancy batteries an low cv are not really new ground braking concepts... but he.. 20 times less energy! show us the numbers, you are registered at www.advancedphysics.org so this should easy for you ;)

Please tell me/us more, I'm all ears.

any words on your proposal/request for funds??

cheers

c.

ps: i hope you don't mind i'm going off topic here, it your thread

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 pm
sigh. it's made from fiber glass and weighs only 120kg including 100km battery. that means it doesn't waste energy carrying undue weight.
the sleek body and the disc wheels are similarly optimized regarding aerodynamic drag.
the motor is electric which is 3 or more times more efficient than a typical combustion engine.
weighs less than 1/10 of a normal car, maybe factor 5-6 aerodynamic advantage compared to a small car. average those and multiply it by 3 and you have about factor 20 improvement.

there is a reason a bicycle is easier to push than a hummer. it's the weight. that difference in difficulty translates to energy consumption.
isn't it obvious?

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:16 am
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
sigh. it's made from fiber glass and weighs only 120kg including 100km battery. that means it doesn't waste energy carrying undue weight.
the sleek body and the disc wheels are similarly optimized regarding aerodynamic drag.
the motor is electric which is 3 or more times more efficient than a typical combustion engine.
weighs less than 1/10 of a normal car, maybe factor 5-6 aerodynamic advantage compared to a small car. average those and multiply it by 3 and you have about factor 20 improvement.

I can see why noone wanted to loan you the money. The vehicle would be illegal to sell in every western nation. At 120kg, with for wheels, and a top speed over 35 mpg you would be regulated as a car. That means side impact, front impact, and roll over standards. Carbon fiber alone can not withstand a 35 mpg impact at that weight.

If the regulators recognized your Genius and allowed your vehicle on the streets, the Tata Nano, at 2 thousand dollars and 60mpg would be sold at the dealership next door.

With 3 wheels in most nations you are regulated as a motorcycle, have no impact standards, a lower drag coeffecient, and the in line seating configuration is still possible. Too bad Carver, Aptera, Myers, Zap, and Green Cars have all went to that well, and pulled up turnips.

Again off topic, and I patiently wait for the moderaters to kill this thread, Whoza!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: How many years John   Posted on: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 am
Dude! You get what you pay for! If you aren't paying for armadillo, you ain't got no say in armadillo. Is is called CAPITALISM. And CAPITALISM ROCKS! Because it is the most efficient (the most resource saving) way of producing. Also the most democratic. In any case, if you want to control armadillo, make a really cool car, SELL IT, and use the money to buy out armadillo. The pudding is in the proof. The bag is in the cash. And sense is writing fun non it.

Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 303 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next