Community > Forum > Technology & Science > What about this rejected X prize application?

What about this rejected X prize application?

Posted by: Lindstrom9 - Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:05 pm
 [ 26 posts ] 
What about this rejected X prize application? 
Post What about this rejected X prize application?   Posted on: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:05 pm
Well I've read the justifications for rejecting Gravity Control Technologies from the competition, and I partly agree. BUT: the fact remains that vacuum energy, Casimir effects, superconductivity, BECs etc etc are real physical phenomena. There is a lot of SECRET investigation into this field - NASA, British Aerospace, US Air Force etc. So I just can't help wondering if there's more to this than meets the public eye? What does other people think about this? And just what IS the real deal with these fantastic claims? Any physicists out there care to comment??? :shock:

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:37 am
Here's a link to those who have not seen it:

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology ... 30615.html

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:51 am
Is "Gravity Control" the only group to have its application rejected?

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post The Searl Effect, since 1946 - credibility is soon to come   Posted on: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:27 pm
"just what IS the real deal with these fantastic claims?"

Gravity Control's ship the Space Tourist is said to be powered by Searl Effect Generators (SEG's). This mysterious device was developed by Professor John Roy Robert Searl. The devices used carefully balanced, specific elements in ring formations that extract power from the surrounding space fabric... seriously! Oscilloscopes are said to be used to verify this phenomenon.

Since the making of several of these craft (which most if not all of them have been destroyed), the papers explaining this effect has been destroyed by the scientific community that was disturbed by this discovery - a lot of the information suppression had to do with the politics of science. Searl was forced to go to jail for little more than "disrupting the peace".

Now that John Searl has been released from jail (he lives!), he is spreading of the word of this unbelievable technology...

A long essay about the history of this device can be found here (scroll down to read please).
http://www.searleffect.com/free/articles/artextra.html

I suspect that the discovery of the Searl Effect was the result of the dreams Searl had when he was a child. It is either possible or impossible that these dreams have been telepathically sent by another kind, possibly the Elohim/God(s) of the Bible - but that's another story... seriously.

For now I hope for ultimate success for all the X Prize teams! Their efforts show what is possible for the people of planet Earth - today!

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:02 am
I've been looking around on the net about this searleffect and I'm sorry, but to me it seems like one nice hoax.
I hope I'm wrong ... :roll:

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:28 pm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:06 am
the searl effect sounds like sh*t

telepathically from the elohim,

...whisky tango foxtrot?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:35 am
I have actually talked with the CEO of GCT on the Red Colony Forums (http://www.redcolony.com).

Perhaps it may seem strange to you, but perhaps they have something brewing. He seems like a sane man struggling to find funding from closed minded people who would rather throw pennies into gutters than donate it to a cause that might cause them to loose it.

Seems more feasible to me than "Discraft"...

And personally, if a person is willing to risk their reputation on an X Prize entry, then let them. The worst that can happen is that they'll make fools of themselves.

The X Prize committee (in my opinion) has no real right to tell anyone "this won't work". We couldn't do it so you can't. WCDISYC. Look up Vern Raburn.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:04 pm
We should look at this from the X-prize position. Unless you can show that what you are purposing might have a chance of working with in the rules and the concept of the X-prize they should not sponsor it. Because the X-prizes dose not want to be a springboard for every crackpot out there and they want to be considered credible. So with in doubt throw them out. Besides if this theory has a chance to works it still needs pockets like the government or a mega cooperation to develop all the equipment to make it work in the first place.

Last edited by DJBREIT on Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:41 am
I've worked in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and High Energy Particle physics, and sorry, but GCT is hokey even if they possess some understanding of modern science. Why? If they could produce a room temperature superconductor (needed for their anti-gravity machine), GE, ABB, etc. would be beating down their door to invest - forget the anti-gravity stuff. Their money troubles would instantly be behind them - we're talking Nobel Prize.

I'm not even going to touch why a monatomic atom is not a chemical compound, or why high spin atoms quickly revert to low spin states. None of GCT's personnel have Ph.D.'s in anything which makes me skeptical about their understanding about the science. I'm not saying anti-gravity is totally impossible - it's just not likely to happen at GCT. Though I will give them credit for one thing - they seem to mean well.

Searle effect - this is pretty clearly a con - join the web site for $50 and see where the money goes..... I wonder how much that guy is raking in from gulible UFO junkies. I think I'd rather invest in Nigerian black money. Yet another perpetual motion machines hoax for those who don't understand conservation of energy principles or the laws of thermodynamics.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:10 pm
The Searl Effect was actually claimed to be proven by two russian scientists, Godin & Roschin: http://www.americanantigravity.com/godinroschin.html

The effect of rotating magnetic fields is a very interesting thing that is very mysterious. There probably are some hoaxes out there, but I think this is the real deal. :lol:

Location: Alexander, North Carolina, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:32 pm
The problem with most theories of antigravity is that they are scientifically already weightless ;-).

--Ralph

http://1vid.com

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:38 pm
haha, not neccessarily, after all they may be able to make weight where there is none.

Location: Alexander, North Carolina, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:53 pm
good point! :P

http://1vid.com

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:47 am
Note that there was a guy named Podkletnov in Finland doing research in gravity reduction... But he only claimed that he got to about 0.02% reduction from Earth-normal -- which is not nearly enough to float a feather on, much less a spaceship. Personally, I believe Podkletnov. He seems to know what he's doing, isn't asking for help from anybody, and mostly wants to be left alone to do his research.

eXcaliberZ wrote:
...whisky tango foxtrot?

Amen to that one.

j96 wrote:
I've worked in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and High Energy Particle physics, and sorry, but GCT is hokey even if they possess some understanding of modern science. Why? If they could produce a room temperature superconductor (needed for their anti-gravity machine), GE, ABB, etc. would be beating down their door to invest - forget the anti-gravity stuff. Their money troubles would instantly be behind them - we're talking Nobel Prize.

You definitely have a point there. I don't have the room to list the different things that a warm superconductor could be used for.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107