Community > Forum > Official N-Prize Forum > A moment of expression of gratitude.

A moment of expression of gratitude.

Posted by: Monroe - Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:04 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
A moment of expression of gratitude. 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post A moment of expression of gratitude.   Posted on: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:04 pm
Guy's
I want to take a moment here to thank everyone here that is involved in what's going on here for me personally. There was a time in my life that I did not think that I would be able to contribute much to this world. As a result of entering the N-Prize competition and the results of all this I no longer feel that way. I have found a way to express my dreams and hopes for space and all the things I never thought possible. I cannot thank you guy's enough and the feelings of gratitude are needing to be expressed. What we can do here is so important and it is getting done because of you guy's. I'm talking about people like Rob Goldsmith and Dr. Paul Dear and TerraMrs and John Carmack and WannabeSpaceCadet
and campbelp2002 and Andy Hill and Matthew Ross and
TheFlyingkiwi and Ben and Ekkehard Augustin and any active member here or reader of these post just add your name. Thank you because you made a difference in my life and I believe we may succeed in inspiring the younger guy's to get busy.

Monroe

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:07 pm
Monroe,

It is nice that you wish thank people. There are some great minds using these forums! It is realy rewarding to chat to people who are going out and trying to make things happen. Keep coming back, there will be some realy exciting changes to the Space Fellowship, also some exciting aerospace advancements to!

It will be a big year :)

Rob

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 pm
Rob
Your welcome and I really believe your right this will be a great year for a good many people here. And I can't wait to see the new stuff you guy's have planed. Some people may not understand, I believe it's ok to say thank you and give back a little to the people that inspire me. I can't take credit for what other people have done and are doing. Great job! Guy's and thanks again.

Monroe

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:15 am
Thanks Monroe for the words of encouragement. While it may be almost impossible to get a payload up within the 999 pound budget, the n-prize will pave the way for cheaper access to space. I would be happy just to be the first amateur to launch a satellite to orbit, even if it costs more than 999 pounds.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 am
Eggaweb
You are Most welcome. Well don't count on it the exchange rate could change in our favor :) or you could develope a exlposatron. Tell'em you can make a cardboard rocket orbit and prove it! (I think you can).

Monroe

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 pm
Hey Monroe, best of luck to you. It's a big challenge, and I've made no secret that I'm not sure it can be won, but if it gets people thinking up new concepts and building hardware then it's all win.

I was sad to see you drop out of Space Access. I chatted with our New Zealander friend a bit. Hopefully you can make it there next year. I put on a panel as the last talk of the conference with seven (!) lunar lander challenge teams who have all built hardware. It's a great place to be just to talk shop and get ideas.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:51 am
Ben
Thanks a bunch, I was sad too but hey thats how it goes sometimes. Next year will be different I'm sure. We have a secret weapon and we are making some progress in the hardware dept. I have been trying to get the lathes up to snuff and tooling is costing a fortune. We are nearly broke but we are ready to go. I have an old friend that may join the team and help out with some funds. Thanks Ben you rock!

Monroe

Moderator: Paul H. Dear