Community > Forum > Official Team Prometheus Forum > Team Prometheus aquires a Launch Site!

Team Prometheus aquires a Launch Site!

Posted by: Monroe - Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
Team Prometheus aquires a Launch Site! 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Team Prometheus aquires a Launch Site!   Posted on: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service declined to let us use Matagorda Island so I got busy on alternitives and found that Matagorda Peninsula was privately owned and also has an airstrip! One phone call later we made a deal to buy what we need. The land owner and I couldn't get off the phone they love us! Best of all if TRA alows us to start a prefect there we get 1 million in insurance right off the bat! Couldn't have worked better if I'd planed it!

There is a Map of the location on the News page at www.teamprometheus.org

That was one big step for us!

Monroe
Team Prometheus

Now we face the FAA!

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm
Nice progress.

Make sure you carefully scrutinize the wording from Tripoli. I was under the impression that it doesn't cover experimental launches, just he usual off the shelf commercial stuff that you see at most TRA/NAR launches. I could be wrong, but you don't want to find out the hard way that you're not really insured.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 pm
Your right about that! But we can do a lot within the rules!

Tripoli launch insurance is not in effect for any experimental launch that has not been approved by Ben Russell. To obtain approval, submit a Research Launch approval form. Tripoli launch insurance is null and void at any regular HPR launch (not experimental) where an experimental rocket motor is used. The Board of Directors does not approve experimental motors for use during regular HPR launches.

This didn't say it's not possiable to get approval for a non HPR launch! If we think we need it we will go for it! CSXT got it I dont see why we cant!

Monroe

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am
Hi Monroe,

I don't seem to find the picture with the map on your news page.
Congratulations with the progress.

Sigurd

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 pm
It is in the Blog for sure I'm having some trouble getting it to fit or work on the news page for some reason but it is on the blog page. The red "X" marks the square!

Monroe

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm
Hmm. The blog link ( http://teamprometheus.org/movies/Blog ) doesn't render in Firefox on Windows. Just comes up with the source text. Might be a messed up mime-type on the server. This works, though:

http://teamprometheus.org/movies/2009/0 ... -site.html

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm
Thanks Ben
And your right I don't have time right now to figure out why but I'll get to it! Thanks again and the News 8 Video plays crappy in Crome or firefox I belive. I'm off to find some Sponsor's today wish us luck!

Monroe