Community > Forum > Official Armadillo Aerospace Forum > Orbital rockets cheaper/faster than Armadillo Aerospace

Orbital rockets cheaper/faster than Armadillo Aerospace

Posted by: James Bauer - Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 pm
 [ 87 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Orbital rockets cheaper/faster than Armadillo Aerospace 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 pm
Dan Frederiksen wrote:
wow JamesH, that's quite petty and you are even proud of it. you ackowledge the data is key yet you use it to try to sabotage my point.
if my point was so obviously invalid why the fear to tell me...

AA, will you stand by and let these people speak for you? will this be your chosen position? pettyness? obtuseness

No, it's not petty. I can be petty if you like, but then, you wouldn't like. I think you probably need to look up the definition of the words you have used. Also, look up sarcasm while you are there.

I'm not afraid to tell you the figures, if you are willing to pay for my time taken in reading up on them. Since you refuse to read them for yourself for free, why won't you pay for them? I refer you to the 'free lunch' statement earlier.

Sabotage your point...er..what point is that? I'm not trying to sabotage anything. I am trying to help you understand the basic economics surrounding AA , and the rest of the worlds economies - the concept of working for money in order to survive. Sadly for me, I seem to be failing abysmally given your reply.

The data is key of course, but not to me, or you, or most of the people posting here. It's key to AA and their future plans, but do you REALLY need to know?? If you did you would already know the figures, because if you REALLY needed to know you would have looked them up.

Oh, quick question. I have re-read what I wrote, and can find nothing 'pride' related. Would you care to explain what you meant by that?

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 pm
JamesH, what will you pay me to tell you all the things that are wrong with you?

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 pm
No, but thanks for the offer. I am quite happy to learn those things for myself, those that I am not already aware of of course. I prefer not to pay for stuff I can figure out for myself.

You haven't answered my question BTW. You don't have to of course, and you could even charge for the answer if you wish. But to be honest, I don't think the answer would be worth anything in the general scheme of things.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm
"...efficiency is up to around 175 to 185+ ISP..." - source

"Ready to fly, the module weighs 455 pounds, over 100 pounds of which is in the legs. If you also take out the electronics box, then the raw tanks, plumbing and engines that you would replicate in a larger configuration are about 320 pounds." - source

That took about five minutes.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 pm
good sguirrel. can you also find out how much fuel it can carry? by mass

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 pm
Quote:
That took about five minutes.

Dan would rather be impudent than wise. Time spent finding answers is pointless when you know the answers. Or at least ask for them so as to avoid work. Work is for the philistines.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:24 pm
James -

You are learning the definition of the word "troll". Any reply you make will immediately result in another post by Dan, trying to get a response from you. Don't let him get to you or provoke you into being defensive.

All he's trying to do is ruffle feathers. The sooner people ignore him, the sooner he will get tired of the game and go away. Nothing you will say (or write) will change a darn thing - you're just throwing yourself against a wall repeatedly, and he's the one getting attention and enjoyment out of it.

If he wants info, he's been told where to find it. If he wants answers, he can ASK POLITELY instead of demanding things. Let him sit and stew until he does these things; any response will only encourage his immature behavior.

--Noel
(clicking his stopwatch to time how long it takes to get an indignant reply from Dan)

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm
(BTW, for those that think of Fantastical Monsters when they hear the word "troll" - in this case it refers to the form of fishing where you drag a lure or baited hook through the water and try to get the fish to rise and bite)

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:22 pm
Ah, that makes sense. I was obviously slow on the uptake. I was going for thoughtless, mindless, conceited punk, but what do I know. I merely wade in the shallows and try to learn a thing of two.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:17 am
NWade wrote:
James -

You are learning the definition of the word "troll". Any reply you make will immediately result in another post by Dan, trying to get a response from you. Don't let him get to you or provoke you into being defensive.

All he's trying to do is ruffle feathers. The sooner people ignore him, the sooner he will get tired of the game and go away. Nothing you will say (or write) will change a darn thing - you're just throwing yourself against a wall repeatedly, and he's the one getting attention and enjoyment out of it.

If he wants info, he's been told where to find it. If he wants answers, he can ASK POLITELY instead of demanding things. Let him sit and stew until he does these things; any response will only encourage his immature behavior.

--Noel
(clicking his stopwatch to time how long it takes to get an indignant reply from Dan)

I think I mentioned the troll word a while back! I've not been provoked or let it get to me, and it does take two to play the troll game....!! Enjoyment can run both ways....:wink:

I think it's quite funny that people like Dan think they have the upper hand...or even derive amusement/entertainment from their postings/actions. I can think of much better ways of amusing myself....although troll baiting can keep one occupied in those darker parts of the working day!!

James

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:47 pm
Mexico has a treaty with the US about launches and so does all of North America and its allies so you would have to look outside the US treatys. Just so you know.

Monroe

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 am
TJ wrote:
Yes John and Armadillo could possibly make orbit in a month if he dropped everything else and put his mind to it.

That is all I agree with our village idiot in.

The problem with doing so would be that it would not accomplish anything worthwhile for Armadillo at this time.

John himself stated (lets see if I remember all of this correctly) that for roughly a million dollars per attempt they could pull a hail Mary shot using a 3 stage Mod setup with 16/4/1 mods on the staging. I'm pretty sure he said he would expect at least three failures before getting to orbit. I think it's been said that the most they'd put into orbit would be something along the lines of sputnik.

This reminds me of a quote from a NASA scientist years ago. He was asked how long it would take to put a man on Mars. He replied that that was the wrong question. We could put a man on Mars in (something like) 6 years. It would cost something like the world gross product and kill the other 9 men who we also sent, but we could do it. It is never a question of how long it takes to do something, but how much does it cost and what is the return.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6