Community > Forum > Wirefly X Prize Cup > Let's get more media other than BBC and CNN

Let's get more media other than BBC and CNN

Posted by: traveler - Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:26 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Let's get more media other than BBC and CNN 
Post Let's get more media other than BBC and CNN   Posted on: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:26 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Now is the time to identify your local TV station's Assigment Editor (person who determines what News to cover). Then provide all information to make easy, their task of covering SpaceShipOne and other XPRIZE team flights. Be sure to mention that BBC and CNN are covering the launch, so they could downlink the coverage.

Remember that Assignment Editors love anything unique and ready for video. And this is truly OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD. :lol:

Be a part of History! Every time your friends and neighbors see a private space flight on TV, you can say, "I persuaded them to put it on TV".

If anyone gets a commitment from a TV station to cover the flight, please let us know.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:17 am
Throughout this week, I'm going to be trying to convince my Community College, the engineering club I'm a part of, the student newspaper, the local newspaper, and possibly even one or two of the local TV stations to help provide funding for a friend and I to go out and cover the launch. We might even get a private interview; if nothing else, we'll get the press conference along with photos and an amateur movie.

Wish me luck
In finding my thousand bucks!

::grabs guitar, sings slightly off-key::
"An' now I'm on the road,
Chasin' down a dream.
Y'know I need a little help,
You see, I'm tryin' to get to [Mojave]"
-- The Tractors, "Tryin' to Get to New Orleans"

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:22 am
i really should email my local tv station and ask them to cover it. maybe if i talk to the one other person in the entire city i know who follows it we'll actually do it too, but i think i'll have to be disappointed, because i doubt they'd cover it until after it's big news.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:19 pm
Good news! A couple of the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas TV stations have plans to cover the SpaceShipOne flight.

Plus and this is a big plus, my wife heard Rush Limbaugh, the most popular radio talk show host, mention the upcoming first private spaceflight. Rush even said he was considering buying a such a private spacecraft. Even if he was half joking, millions of Americans heard from a popular media icon. :lol: :lol:

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:17 pm
lol good news (hope he buys one :wink:)

i've mailed wired http://wired.com/ begging them to cover this :D (they had a pretty good magazine article on space ship one and burt rutan a while ago)

i'm not expecting any reply but would like other readers of wired to use the news tip submission opportunity at http://wired.com/news/pitching/ under the header "press releases" - the more the better

+ edit: here's the original wired article: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.07/space.html it looks better in print of course but the words are the same :D