Launch Director
Launch Director
Post "Antigravity"   Posted on: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:39 am
It's interesting none the less:

http://www.americanantigravity.com/

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post The Searl Effect, since 1946   Posted on: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:16 pm
Here is another interesting anti-gravity site.

Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:46 pm
While anti gravity isn't the correct term, GCT may be of interest in this thread.
Gravity Control Technologies. http://www.gctspace.com
Some time ago we tried to enter the X-Prize competition, but perhaps the we and the world weren't quite ready. I hope a time will come when we are.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post last post   Posted on: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:53 pm
Sorry, that last post was from me (Simon Raschle) in case anyone was wondering who Guest was. Mustn't have logged in. First post ;)

Profile WWW
Post Re: last post   Posted on: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:48 am
sraschle wrote:
Sorry, that last post was from me (Simon Raschle) in case anyone was wondering who Guest was. Mustn't have logged in. First post ;)

I think people just need some evidence that your technology works dude :) We'd all *love* for it to be true :)

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:21 pm
I hear ya!
Gravity Control does make sense once you study the theory in detail, however I am the first to admit that GC is not the easiest concept to get your head around and this is why we need to reach a demonstration level. There is evidence, but it's not enough...yet.
It's still early days and a lot of work needs to be done. Until then, I think it's great that rocket based X-Prize teams are aspiring to bring space to the common man…and woman.
What rockets are capable of are testament to the skill and genius of their designers, engineers and pilots. But there has to be a better way. If we really want to be a space faring people there must be a better way. Safer, faster, cleaner and of course cheaper. If there's a chance that this goal can be achieved then it should be pursued.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:33 am
In all honesty if GCT technologies can pull off their gravity control, Dudes, i must say, THEY WOULD OWN...

however..

firstly i think they should not boast about UFOS( and the likes of philidaelphia experiments.) until they can get like a small (as in not expensive) prototype flying (or manipulaing gravity or whatever), or anything flying using their technology. If they could get just a small prototype flying ( or anything) and they took it to the local press or even DISCOVERY CHANNEL ,i am almost postive they would recieve millions in funding especially if they took their theorys to america, im sure america would love to get its hands on this kind of technology and stay ahead of the pack....

secondly once they got publicity and people generally know that this technology is starting to exhist (like the lifter underground), then perhaps they could ask for corporate sponsership from like a major electricity corporation or sumthing. If this doesnt work go , in my opinion, they should think laterally and go to their local TV station or whatever and do a reality TV series on the future of flight ,where i few teams compete to make the first gravity manipulator or something. Lateral thinking like this is in my opinion, is the way to go to get anywhere in life. (they would also be getting public publicity at the same time ).

Anyways good luck to them and i hope someone from their business reads this, my hopes are with you guys, something, like this technology is needed to revolutionize mankind fast, we need to open up a gate to the stars before we exterminate ourselves, to give humanity a new 'ocean' to explore - a new realm to conquer.

If you ever get round to it please could GCT publish their findings, i would love to dedicate my life to understanding and mapping out a revolutionary new technology.

all the best GCT

eXcaliberZ

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:10 pm
Thanks for your perspective eXcaliberZ,

While I am not a GCT member (volunteer only) I can tell you though that GCT does not believe in UFO's. It is a common misconception though. GCT certainly do not boast anything of the such. In fact it is part of the problem that getting funding is difficult because preliminary designs turn out looking like ufo's.

The 'ufo' shape is found to be the most opimal because the vehicle would require a spin symetrical shape. There would be a uniform gravity exclusion field generated that you simply could not achieve on a vehicle like the shuttle which is based on aerodynamic principles.

That said GCT is a small team of scientists trying to do good science. At the moment a lot of the work is theoretical with limited but very positive experimental results which match the theory. The goal is to improve on those experimental results until the principle of gravity control is beyond all doubt.

Quote:
i am almost postive they would recieve millions in funding especially if they took their theorys to america, im sure america would love to get its hands on this kind of technology and stay ahead of the pack....

Actually in the early days of research, some work was done in the US with the BPPP (Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Program). At the time results weren't conclusive, but it did lead to the matured theory that GCT has today. As you would know the BPPP has unforunately been shutdown.

As for GCT's findings they are wary of publishing data too early, however there is an excellent documentation resource section on their website which would allow anyone to get a grasp of the theory. GC is not new, the theory has been developed over many years, from the pioneering efforts of people such as Sakharov, Puthoff, Reuda, and Haisch and is the knowledge foundation that brings us where we are today.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:33 pm
Quote:
i am almost postive they would recieve millions in funding especially if they took their theorys to america, im sure america would love to get its hands on this kind of technology and stay ahead of the pack....

Not true. There is a process. It starts with academic vetting. Unfortunately, gravity modification is not considered academically "responsible" nor "feasible" therefore, there is no funding for it in the US. You actually have to go outside the US to be considered.

Just to let you guys know that I've made the 100 page iSETI report (Reaching the Stars: The Interstellar Space Exploration Technology Initiative) available for free from my website http://www.QuantumRisk.com.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:22 pm
Quote:
Unfortunately, gravity modification is not considered academically "responsible" nor "feasible" therefore, there is no funding for it in the US.

Normally I would agree strongly with this statement given the difficulty GCT has faced, however in the right circles it seems possible to acquire funding. I am referring to aerospace giants such as Boeing working on 'anti-gravity'. Since I don't work at Boeing I can't tell first hand, but here are a couple of links from the BBC and Janes Defense to support this.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2157975.stm
http://www.janes.com/aerospace/civil/news/jdw/jdw020729_1_n.shtmlfound on a cnn search.
Also, funding is one of the reasons that GCT has set up operartions in Hungary.

RE: iSETI report. Thanks for making it available for all. I look forward to reading it.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:46 am
Don't worry about Boeing. If they are doing anything they are probably on the wrong track - why ? there is very little academic literature that's got it right.

Yes there is some funding - barely - in the US. But from the news and emails I receive, I would say that there are only 4 countries in this club, China, Japan, Italy and Finland.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:33 am
The limited literature means this is the frontier of science and I find it extremely exciting. I also like the idea that, while good research is limited, it is being done around the world as an international endevour and I think that is very good for all of us. If this is going to work, it needs to be shared so that every nation can benefit.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:54 pm
Yes, international effort is a good thing, but not for something like this. If third world governments cannot govern their own people, think what's going to happen when they control space.

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:16 pm
When things happen, I don't think any third world country would be controlling space. However, this may be a way for third world countries to benefit from cheap and peaceful applications. Things such as 'free' (perhaps paid for by UN) satellite services to help agriculture and disaster monitoring (floods, fire etc). A UN allocated & controlled space resources initiative so that some basic benefits can be had by other countries which otherwise would have no chance. I also dream of the day when any man, woman and child can see their nation from space. It would be a humbling moment and perhaps the vision of seeing how fragile this Earth is, may be the inspiration needed to change how we live and treat each other.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:01 am
the tantalizing prospect of entering space through a next generation propellsion system to achieve more space based goals (such as lunar bases and mars exploration) seems to facinate all of humanity since space exploration began.

the rhetorical question is " are we entering space to early"

-sure, sending up rockets is great and a huge step foward, in fact it has let humans take the next step and begin to learn how to adapt to a life in space - yet is it costing to much money?

Surely there is a more advanced theory, yet more practical feasble method of accesing space to utilise it as a resource. I was talking to my friends the other day (who dont really follow space exploration) and i asked their opions on the topic, they agreed that a better method of accesing space in needed, wasting billions on rockets is just not feasible for humanity as a whole. As far as i know is uses a concept ( i think it is newtons second law) every action has an opposite and equal reaction that was developed over 300 years ago . My friends also made the point that we owe it to our children and generations to come to invest money into space exploration in order to understand our own planet and possibly an escape route for our species - we have stuffed up our planet enough and they (our children) have to deal with the consequences...

Most people now argue that what is the point of getting to space, there is nothing to really do up there. Damn, in a way they are entirely right yet i believe there is a bigger picture.

Centuarys ago we never went and explored the seas of old to simply stay in the see and float around, we sailed the seas to find the next islands, to search for treasures and learn new ideas and cultures - to explore and conquer. why do we not then explore this new idea of gravity control at a rapid pace.
in the early 1900's physists would have laughed at the idea of a bomb that did not use every day chemicals to create an explosion - and what do you know - bam the manhatten program comes along and sweeps us all away with the nuclear bomb. If such effort was put into understanding this idea, this new technology- and developing it into hardware, such of the likes of apollo or tha manhatten projects, then perhaps we would become a truely advanced nation.

you can shoot me down, disagree with what i have to say and point out my mistakes but i surely would like to look back on my planet one day

go GCT.

Profile WWW