Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Permission 2 Use XPrize Graphics For Science Mueseum Please!

Permission 2 Use XPrize Graphics For Science Mueseum Please!

Posted by: Jason Damisch - Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:20 pm
 [ 11 posts ] 
Permission 2 Use XPrize Graphics For Science Mueseum Please! 
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post Permission 2 Use XPrize Graphics For Science Mueseum Please!   Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:20 pm
Dear Readers,

A few weeks ago I sent out a series of emails to 6 Ansari X-Prize contestants as well as to the Ansari X-Prize foundation itself. So Far Three of the Seven have responded. Now it's time to shake the trees some more. I hope that this message results in permission being granted. For further contact information one would need to first send an email.

=== Original Message ===

My name is Jason Damisch, and I am the Archivist for The Oregon L5 Society (OL5). The OL5 is a branch of the National Space Society. Please feel free to visit.

http://www.oregonl5.org/
http://www.nss.org/

I am writing this message because the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) puts on a Space Day every year in July, this year to be held on Saturday the 17th, and I would love to host an X Prize display. This is an opportunity to grant more exposure to the public, and especially to young children, concerning the X Prize. I am asking permission to use graphics from your website to construct some information panels. I would like to be able to display your logo, and perhaps other graphics from your site. This would only be used to create the display panels. My intent is to create eight information panels, one apeice for each of six teams, and then a panel explaining what the X Prize is and lastly a progress chart showing where each team is in relation to the others. I plan to contact each of the teams individually to ask permission to use their graphics.

Here is the URL for our science museum
http://www.omsi.edu/

Also, our long time space advocate and Treasurer, Bryce Walden, has asked me to convey that if there are any materials which the X Prize foundation would see fit to give or loan concerning this presentation, then we would certainly put them to good use. Some small things that come to mind are posters, and flyers. Getting larger, do you have a trade show display which you would like to lend? Someone in person? Unfortunately, we can't afford to pay for transportation and lodging, but we'll gladly buy lunch and dinner.

Here is Bryce Walden's email.
moonbase@comcast.net

Thank you for your work toward advancement of the use of outer space.

Sincerely,

Jason Damisch, Archivist
Oregon L5 Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 86
Oregon City, OR 97045-0007
http://www.OregonL5.org
jdamisch@hotmail.com

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:23 pm
I"ll try to help you.. but can't promise anything.

I'll send an e-mail to the xprize board linking to your topic, so they can read it with a high priority.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:28 pm
Many Thanks. Even just a minimal nod would be suffice as I feel the body of my message conveys.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:32 pm
i think there's no doubt they'll approve the idea, any way of getting public awareness up is good. it's always good to ask though, so good luck!

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:42 pm
I've sent an e-mail to some people in the xprize organization itself, linking to this topic, and asking if they can help you, (I've included your e-mail address)

If you don't have any reactions, or help in about 1 week.. please don't wait to share it with us.. so we can try to help you.
Can you share with us.. from who you still need permission ?

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:45 pm
So Far

YES
-----
ARCA
da Vinci
Scaled

??
-----
X-Prize
Starchaser
Canadian Arrow
Armadillo

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:50 pm
Oke, X-Prize organization will wake up very fast I think ;) I also sent the President the organization an e-mail and he answered before to other e-mails of me.. so I think you can expect his answer in days.

And I'll also try to get the 3 other teams contacted, Armadillo (John Carmack) also a game developer like me.. shouldn't be that hard to contact.

I hope I can get your list complete.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:52 pm
Well if you want to work on this for me I won't take no for an answer. :D

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:05 pm
I've contacted all of the 3 teams and Mr. Gregg E. Maryniak Executive Director of the xprize organization already gave me a respond.
You may expect some reaction from the xprize organization in the short future.

Profile WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:39 pm
Again many thanks to you.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:12 am
Jason Damisch wrote:
Again many thanks to you.

You're welcome
Don't wait to share with us if anything isn't going as it should, sharing problems is the best way to get rid of it.
I really hope you'll succeed.

Profile WWW