Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Is NASA a front?

Is NASA a front?

Posted by: Andy Hill - Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Is NASA a front? 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Is NASA a front?   Posted on: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 am
I was having a poke around on YouTube at the weekend (always dangerous I know) and came across this discussion on NASA.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yk0UMUpgRkE&feature=related

It is a recording of a radio show called Coast to Coast and the guests are

Richard C. Hoagland
David Livingston
Rick Sterling

The above is only the fist part of 10 and later parts begin to get a bit strange as Hoagland believes that the reason for NASA taking so long to get to the moon is that there are structures there that the government dont want us to know about.

Now while I think it unlikely in the extreme that there are such structures on the moon, I found it interesting that no one could explain why NASA is making such a mess out of going back there and taking so long.

Hoagland gave the reason that NASA was basically a smoke screen to keep the general population occupied while the military exploited what was there using its huge space budget and transport sytem produced by its black programs. He also keeps going on about a book he is writing that contains evidence to support what he is saying (surprise, surprise) which I looked up on Amazon, the reviews were pretty poor.

Still as conspiracy theories go, I thought NASA being a cover up was interesting (though not really very believable). I think it is possible that the military may have developed a reusable space transport like a mini spaceplane but as to proving its existence, I doubt that will ever happen.

Any thoughts, other than the guy is a bit of a nutter?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Is NASA a front?   Posted on: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:51 am
Andy Hill wrote:
I was having a poke around on YouTube at the weekend (always dangerous I know) and came across this discussion on NASA.
Any thoughts, other than the guy is a bit of a nutter?

He's a complete idiot. Even if they could hide structures on the moon, they can't hide launches. The systems required to go to the moon are HUGE. Even if they had them, there'd be no way to hide when they launched them and where they went. The orbital elements of every 'secret' asset up there are publically available - we know where they are, just not WHAT they are.
This kind of conspiracy nonsense doesn't hold water. You want to know how long a top-level conspiracy can last? Just ask Chuck Colson..

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 am
Heh it's always good to release your paranoia, my personal pet theory is that US military has a nuke scramjet obital plane at very least. I would be very dissapointed in American aerospace engeneers if that's not the case.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:43 pm
I have seen some of the pictures Hoagland claims show alien artifacts on the Moon. They are much less convincing than the face on Mars pictures. Hoagland is just one more conspiracy theorist.

But when one looks at all the promising programs cut short seemingly on the verge of success, it does make one wonder....... :twisted:

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am
campbelp2002 wrote:
I have seen some of the pictures Hoagland claims show alien artifacts on the Moon. They are much less convincing than the face on Mars pictures. Hoagland is just one more conspiracy theorist.

But when one looks at all the promising programs cut short seemingly on the verge of success, it does make one wonder....... :twisted:

Go look at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal and tell me it's faked. No freakin way.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 am
campbelp2002 wrote:

As Hanlon's Razor says: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Incompetence is maybe not good word in this case. Bloated beaurocracy and inefficiency would be better. :)

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm
I definitely agree with the above 2 posts. But I can also see how people with less discriminating minds could get frustrated with the lack of progress and fall into these conspiracy theories.

Profile WWW