Community > Forum > Entertainment > Warning! Incredibly POOR lunar cargo!

Warning! Incredibly POOR lunar cargo!

Posted by: gaetanomarano - Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:35 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
Warning! Incredibly POOR lunar cargo! 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Warning! Incredibly POOR lunar cargo!   Posted on: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:35 am

while discussing on HobbySpace about the "Space and Lunar Farming", I've suddenly and quickly realized HOW INCREDIBLY POOR THE LUNAR CARGO WILL BE, then, I've published a ghostNASA article that shows WHY it's so "poor" an HOW to solve this problem:

http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/031poorcargo.html

[update] now that NASA has unveiled the real (very big) size of the Orion's tower-LAS it's 1,000,000 OF TIMES MUCH CLEAR that MY underside-LAS concept is VERY MUCH SMALLER and LIGHTER (then BETTER and SAFER) than any tower-LAS design!!!

and, since "one image worth 1000 words", I've updated my article with a (NASA tower-LAS vs. MY underside-LAS) image comparison that clearly shows how much better it is!!!

http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/029eiffeltowerlas.html

however, it's still unclear WHY did NASA wants to launch so much "dead weight" (and bur so much money) with its Orion!!!

ghostNASA.com
gaetanomarano.it

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 am
Dude - do the science. You can't take a shuttle to the moon, and if you could, why would you want to take all that dead weight a half million miles (there and back)? Wheels, wings, etc? It makes no sense. They're building Constellation because it's like Apollo - and Apollo got it RIGHT in terms of expending the stages as you go. It's actually the cheapest way to do it.

Profile WWW