Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Why Space in general

Why Space in general

Posted by: Sigurd - Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:22 pm
 [ 32 posts ] 
Why Space in general 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Velcro and Tang   Posted on: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:26 am
Yea I know about tang and velcro. Just the other day, while buying groceries. I remember I needed to stock up on my weeks supply of velcro and tang, real good when cooked just right !!!!!!. DUH. Millions of kids would be starveing if they didn't have their daily supply of Tang and Velcro.....Real Yummy...

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 am
space coalition wrote:
Technology - During the past 30 years, space program technology has resulted in more than 1,500 commercial products, including rain water purification systems for developing countries, satellite radio, digital and satellite television, cell phone technology, cordless tools, and GPS navigation in the family car, boat and even on the family farm.

Medical - Digital hearing aids, miniature heart pumps, cancer detection devices, common smoke detectors, fire-resistant aircraft seats, safety grooving on roads, LASIK eye surgery, humanitarian demining devices, and numerous other medical and safety devices and improvements trace their origins to space technology.

Economy - Just 15 firms that received an initial $64 million in NASA life sciences research and added $200 million of their own money created a $1.5 billion return on investment in the form of sold commercial goods and services during 25 years (Space Policy Institute at George Washington University).

http://www.spacecoalition.com/benefits2.cfm

http://www.spacecoalition.com
economic growth and technologies related to the space program